You cannot go forward after something happens to your applications if you cannot go back to a point in time where your data was still intact. Likewise, if you cannot go back in time to a good copy or version of your data, how can your organization go forward? Now is the time to start rethinking your strategy and vision of how your business, applications and data should be protected so that you can evolve from how to backup/restore, business continuance (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) have been done in the past. It is time to start using new and old things in new ways which also means rethinking when, where, why ad how data is protected as part of modernizing data protection to enable business resiliency. This means moving beyond simply rethinking how or when to do backups, rather, revisit the business fundamentals and threat risks then aligning the applicable tools, technologies, techniques and best practices.
• Revisiting the fundamentals of data protection including how backups, BC and DR are done today
• Explore how data protection including BC, DR and archiving can be done in the future
• What level of granularity do you need and require for your business and applications need
• The 4 3 2 1 rule and how to implement it in a cloud, virtual and traditional environment
• Why backup won’t die or go away as long as vendors keep talking about it
• How to shift from Backup/restore, BC and DR to HA and BR leveraging application integrated protection
• Availability = access + durability