Applications-focused explorations of IT Network demands
These monthly live webcasts are aimed at explaining how emerging technologies will impact the network infrastructures currently in place and under development. We are focused on preparing you to create the resilient network that enables organizations to achieve a maximum usable network lifespan by providing insight into relevant standards and technologies.
Corporations across all industries face the challenge of taking power and data to new distances while meeting higher bandwidth demand. Frequently combined with this challenge is the requirement to provide local power in excess of 100 meters for remote IP-based devices, such as security cameras, wireless access points, emergency blue-light phones and card readers. Learn how OneReach™, a Berk-Tek PoE extender system, combines optical fiber for long-distance gigabit transmission and copper conductors in a single system.
Register for this BrightTALK™ to learn how you can:
- Take PoE and PoE+ to distances further than ever before (3,600 ft and 2,400 ft respectively)
- Simplify your network and device management through centralized IT infrastructure
- Leverage this game-changing technology to reliably and cost-effectively power remote devices
The TEK Center at Berk-Tek is a premier showcase for emerging technologies in enterprise environments. With the growing number of devices that will be connected and powered via power over Ethernet, enterprise networks need to be prepared for increased demand now and in the future. Wireless, video, security and building automation can put major stress on networks in the office, campus, security and medical environments.
As the internet of everything continues to evolve, your network will be asked to support a multitude of diverse applications. The TEK Center’s expertise in systems standards, networking technologies and emerging applications can help address your network demands.
Explosive growth in the number of wireless devices being used, combined with advancing wireless technology, will eventually lead to big changes to your network infrastructure. This 30-minute webinar will review the evolution of network technology and the associated bandwidth requirements of each new generation. It will also discuss how next generation WAPs (only a few years away) will affect your horizontal network infrastructure, and eventually, your fiber backbone too. The webinar will close with some recommended network infrastructure solutions you should consider for your next WiFi project.
You should attend this webinar if you want to:
- Minimize the total cost of ownership (TCO) for your next WiFi project
- Learn how wireless technology is advancing
- Be prepared for the next generation of wireless will be here in just a few years
PoE lighting is increasing in popularity due to is cost-effectiveness, energy efficiency and control capabilities, but what is the best way to deploy this technology and what is the best cabling to use? This webinar will explore the details of PoE and PoE Lighting and how Berk-Tek can help you Topics to be discussed include:
- A high-level overview of PoE
- How PoE lighting can benefit your organization
- Details about a new Berk-Tek solution to help you efficiently install and run PoE Lighting
The healthcare sector is experiencing explosive growth in bandwidth demand. From transmitting MRI images to wearable devices to video consultations, networks must work at higher-than-ever speeds to deliver services that ensure patient safety. It’s clear that this demand will continue to grow exponentially, putting more and more strain on your network infrastructure. Topics to be covered include:
- How IP convergence is driving explosive growth in bandwidth demand, particularly in the healthcare sector
- Healthcare requirements and trends that are contributing to ever-increasing need for more bandwidth
- Cabling best practices that will help you avoid costly mitigation and/or reinstalls in the future
As more devices are made to support PoE, and as applications for PoE continue to emerge, what you know about PoE can help ensure your designers and installers are poised to respond to customer demand, and have the expertise to install best in class systems
“Own the Link” is a revolutionary approach to specifying the transceivers used in data links. Since its launch in 2016, new tools and products have been added to the program, delivering more benefits than ever before. This short webinar will demonstrate how Own the Link can help you maximize your network, and we’ll look towards the future with a peek at what tomorrow might bring.
* The first 100 people to pre-register for this webinar will receive a $5 Starbucks gift card via email on 3/29.
There is a transition happening in our industry right before our eyes. Essentially, 1Gbps drops to the wall outlets are being replaced by 10Gbps drops to the ceiling. This is because, as 802.11ac technology advances and A/V applications like HDBaseT come onto the scene, enterprises are requiring more and more Category 6A connections to handle bandwidth demand to devices. But what happens beyond the devices? Your network, like a chain, it is only as strong as its weakest link.
This webinar will:
- Show you how this transition from 1Gbps to 10Gbps is creating a problem you may not know you have.
- Explain the “Forgotten Link” and how this 10X transition is already starting to overwhelm it.
- Introduce an engineered solution from Berk-Tek that will solve this emerging problem.
This presentation discusses the current state of Optical Ethernet Technologies for LAN applications and presents the options and implications on networking and cabling infrastructure. The second part of the presentation discusses the future of optical Ethernet and the technologies that will enable higher speeds. From this webinar, you will learn:
-Networking trends and who is generating all that data
-The current state of Ethernet technology
-Enabling technologies and implications
There’s currently a lot of buzz surrounding higher power PoE and the optional LP designation. Confused? There are some important things to consider before deciding whether or not to install LP designated cabling for your next project. Learn everything you really need to know in this brief 30 minute webinar, including:
-What is the intent of the optional LP designation?
-How is the testing performed and who does it?
-Will LP be included in the 2017 NEC ?
-What does the optional LP designation actually mean?
-What is Berk-Tek’s position?
High Definition Video is prevalent in our everyday lives. From the board room to the classroom, the sports bar to the sports stadium, the demand for dynamic audio-visual content is rapidly increasing. Traditional methods of transporting content to displays are a thing of the past. This presentation explores technologies and methods for connecting A/V sources to HD displays using twisted pair cabling and provides guidance for successful deployment.
By attending this presentation, you will learn:
- Cabling system requirements needed to support a high density digital AV distribution environment
- Alternative methods and equipment that can be used to extend the reach of an HDMI connection
* One BICSI CEC will be provided after viewing this presentation up until April 15, 2017*