On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will go into effect. Are you properly prepared? According to Gartner, not many will be: “By the end of 2018, over 50% of companies affected by the GDPR will not be in full compliance with its requirements".
You don’t have to be one of these companies.
Join Chris Hudson, EMEA CISO and Shaun Ghafouri, Associate General Counsel, as they discuss some suggested steps for compliance with the GDPR (legal, technical, and organisational). We will also discuss:
One of the first steps is to recognise that GDPR isn't just an IT problem — it affects almost every department — and building a cross-functional team with goals and clear lines of communication is critical.
Specifically, we will be discussing the legal, technical and organisational challenges and roadblocks to GDPR compliance, addressing questions such as:
- With May 25, 2018 less than 3 months away, what should the GDPR project plan look like?
- Who should be on the GDPR team? This isn't just an IT challenge.
- What should the priorities be? Data flows, reasons for data retention.
- What security controls should be in place? Encryption, logging, access control, authentication, data mapping.
- What about Shadow IT? We don't know what we don't know.
GDPR is a big, important undertaking. Your ability to ensure that all departments and stakeholders are working together with the IT team will be a key element of compliance. We hope you will join us.