Managing and analyzing data to inform business decisions
Subscribe to this channel to learn best practices and emerging trends in a variety of topics including exploring and visualizing data, building dashboards, sharing, importing, and embedding your company's data.
Looker is pushing the bounds of how people explore and share data. Imagine being able to walk through your data - now you can. Like all things with VR, it’s difficult to understand without seeing it yourself. Join our online live streaming demo of LookVR.
Attend to learn:
· Which 2 dimensional visualizations translate best in VR
· What drilling into the row level details looks like
· How Looker’s data platform and API allow for endless possibilities
When you don’t have a solution for data, you fall back on slow, suboptimal tactics for accessing data, denying business users and decision makers access to the most accurate, up to date, and relevant information.
Learn how Talkdesk went from a chaotic world like the one above to being a company where people can easily explore data and quickly get a 360° view of every account. Using FiveTran and Looker, Talkdesk’s product manager was able to tie all their now-centralized data together to create a powerful and stable environment for data discovery.
From this webinar, you will learn:
• What a centralized data store can do for you and how you can achieve that
• Why you should be transforming your data at the time of query, not before you load it into your database
• How one man created a company-wide data platform in one month
Watch to understand how to take control of your data and use it to drive results.
Athenahealth is on a mission to ‘unbreak’ the US health care provider experience, and they are using data to do it. With a new Snowflake data warehouse and Looker data platform on top, data analysts at Athenahealth are delivering data to more people in their organization, and improving patient experience in the US healthcare system.
In this webinar, you'll hear from Greg Joondeph-Breidbart, Senior Manager of Data Engineering at Athenahealth, on why they moved from legacy systems to the cloud. They now have:
- Iterative product analytics which allow them to continually update, analyze and tweak their product without fear of adjusting their schema or redefining business logic
- Row-level details so the people closest to the data can drill into the why behind every report and take action on any inconsistencies immediately
- Feature-rich reporting that leverages Snowflake’s unique concurrency functionality and simplicity with the power and flexibility of Looker’s modeling layer
Embedded analytics is not new, but the technology for integrating charts, reports, dashboards, and self-service exploration has evolved considerably in the past 5 years. Today, companies in every industry are strengthening relations with customers and suppliers by productizing their data to make it accessible where people need it, when people need it.
In this webinar you'll learn about:
- The evolution of embedded analytics
- Applications and use cases for embedded analytics
- Whether to build or buy analytics to embed in applications
- Technology today that is making it possible to monetize data
Infectious Media runs on data. But, as an ad-tech company that records hundreds of thousands of web events per second, they have to deal with data at a scale not seen by most companies. You can not make decisions with data when people need to write manual SQL only for queries take 10-20 minutes to return. Infectious Media made the switch to Google BigQuery and Looker and now every member of every team can get the data they need in seconds.
Infectious Media will share:
- Why they chose their current stack
- Why faster data means happier customers
- Advantages and practical implications of storing and processing that much data
By analyzing a cohort, you can discern patterns across the customer journey and answer any number of questions — which marketing channels delivered the highest-value customers? At what point do users stop engaging? Where is fraud coming from and how do we shut it down?
In this webinar, Looker and Avant discuss the value of cohort analysis, tips and tricks to get the most out of it and specific examples of cohort analyses done by Avant.
Some topics covered:
-How Avant used cohort analysis to identify and optimize their key acquisition channels
-How Avant identified sophisticated fraud rings by cohorting applications by banking and network data
-Best practices for using cohort analysis to bubble-up insights
-How to identify where cohort analysis could help your business
If your company is like many others, you have embraced Salesforce.com (SFDC) as your CRM tool. You can’t live without it. All your lead and customer information, in one handy place. But...How does your current pipeline compare to this time last year? Last qtr? Which of your field reps are demonstrating the greatest success, and in what areas? You have become painfully aware of the limitations of one of your most important data sources.
Rich Taylor, Looker’s Senior Director of Operations & Marketing (and a long time SFDC user), chats with Kevin Marr, Senior Looker Data Analyst discussing the ways we, as well as our customers, use Looker to get the most out of data captured by SFDC.
Better ways to leverage your SFDC Data with Looker:
- Snapshots of pipeline: Develop a clear understanding of the business, trends over time, and pipeline vs. target analysis.
- Conversion Rates: view them at each step of the sales funnel, and compare them across teams, individuals, and timeframes.
- Identifying trends: Project the probability of pipeline closing over time.
- Rep Specific Dashboards: Compare a single rep to team and the entire sales org on multiple factors, including customer health for improved and proactive customer retention.
The focus of modern business intelligence has been self-service; pushing data into the hands of end users more quickly with more accessible user interfaces so they can get answers fast and on their own. This has helped alleviate a major BI pain point: centralized, IT-dominated solutions have been too slow and too brittle to serve the business.
What has been masked is a lack of innovation in data modeling. Data modeling is a huge, valuable component of BI that has been largely neglected. In this webinar, we discuss Looker’s novel approach to data modeling and how it powers a data exploration environment with unprecedented depth and agility.
Topics covered include:
-A new architecture beyond direct connect
-Language-based, git-integrated data modeling
-Abstractions that make SQL more powerful and more efficient