Webinars targeted to software security professionals
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), the world’s leading cyber security company, helps businesses, governments and people secure their most important data wherever it lives. Organizations across the world look to Symantec for strategic, integrated solutions to defend against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, cloud and infrastructure. Likewise, a global community of more than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton suite of products for protection at home and across all of their devices. Symantec operates one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks, allowing it to see and protect against the most advanced threats. For additional information, please visit http://www.symantec.com/en/aa/index.jsp or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Dr. Hugh Thompson, Chief Technology Officer, Symantec
For business, the web is both essential and dangerous. As more workers go mobile and workloads move to the cloud, the reliance and peril of the web is only going to grow. You need visibility into all this Web traffic, so you can protect your business from the threats it introduces.
In this webinar learn:
- How a proxy-based architecture provides unique security and threat-protection advantages for the enterprise in this new normal of remote users/offices, cloud apps, mobile devices.
- A proxy based architecture is ESSENTIAL to meeting the needs of the cloud generation, to protect against the increasingly sophisticated web threats targeting your business.
Prevent, detect, respond and assess, all through a single agent
Did you know McAfee is no longer a leader in industries Magic Quadrant? While your endpoint security is at risk, how many agents/modules do they require you to install? How many servers? And with all that, are you getting the right level of endpoint protection against advanced threats?
Symantec provides the most complete endpoint security in the world - from threat prevention, detection, response and assessment with the highest efficacy and performance.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Drastically improve your protection and security posture with various next-gen capabilities like Advanced Machine Learning and Exploit Prevention
- Perform incident investigation and response using the same agent using the integrated Endpoint Detection and Response solution
- Obtain automated security risk assessment and track effectiveness against security policy changes via a cloud console
- Lower your IT burden and reduce complexity with everything built into a single agent
- Facilitate a painless migration and get your IT staff up-to-speed
Finally, watch a demo that showcases how Symantec helps stop ransomware and unknown threats with Next-gen technologies built into a single light weight agent.
Fictional AI minds like SkyNet in The Terminator and WOPR in WarGames captured our imaginations in the 1980s. Fast forward to the 21st century and now advanced machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) have become a critical component of the cybersecurity landscape.
Machines learn complex patterns and understand subtle interactions from oceans of diverse security telemetry data, yet cybersecurity is not the first industry to use ML or AI to accelerate innovation and change the way it works.
In our upcoming ‘Combatting Advanced Cybersecurity Threats with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning’ webinar, we discuss how:
• ML and AI is changing the cyber security industry and why it is important for the future of cybersecurity
• Big data and predictive models equal smarter protection
• Symantec uses advanced machine learning – from endpoints to the cloud – to analyse file attributes, behaviours and relationships
• ML and AI will have to evolve to combat threats against their use
Welcome to the Cloud Generation – where critical data, applications and infrastructure are shifting to the cloud for increased operational efficiency.
Employees today are accessing everything from everywhere, sensitive data is constantly on the move, and critical workloads are running on a cloud server, somewhere in the world. How do you manage and contain the huge increase in vulnerabilities caused by moving beyond traditional IT controls?
In our upcoming ‘The Next Frontier for Cloud Security’ webinar, we discuss how to:
• Govern access to data, apps, and systems that may reside in the cloud
• Secure information no matter where it sits or goes
• Protect against advanced threats in this new environment
• Minimise risk and ensure compliance as workloads move to the cloud
Join our webinar and discover how Symantec’s Integrated Cyber Defense Platform protects your users, information, and workloads in the Cloud Generation.
With the advent of Big Data comes not only new ways to optimise business and marketing processes, but also new concerns over the control and privacy of personal data.
These have given rise to local and regional data protection laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a modernisation of data protection laws in the European Union, and the Australian data breach notification law, an amendment to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which introduces a mandatory scheme for eligible organisations and federal agencies to report data breaches.
Data breach notifications give individuals greater control over their personal data and promote transparency over information handling practices, fostering consumer trust in businesses. The law requires businesses to prepare and assess risks to maintain brand confidence even if an incident becomes the next data breach headline.
Join this webinar to learn about:
- New challenges introduced by the Australian mandatory data breach notification law
- Key steps in the journey towards data privacy compliance
- How to monitor insider threats
- How to leverage these regulations to gain trust and ensure great customer experiences
We look forward to your participation in this free webinar.
Learn how you can protect both BYOD and corporate managed mobile devices from ransomware and advanced threats.
Malware targeting mobile devices are growing at an alarming rate. According to Symantec ISTR 22 report, mobile malware detections doubled in 2016 to a total of 18.4 million and there were 606 new mobile vulnerabilities found in 2016 on both iOS and Android mobile operating systems.
This has increased the risks to BYOD and corporate managed mobile devices to malware attacks, suspicious wireless networks and man-in-the-middle attacks. Existing management tools like Mobile Device Management (MDM) or Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) are not able to defend users against these types of threats.
Enterprises need advanced mobile security with high efficacy with easier deployment options as they continue to expand Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and corporate managed mobility initiatives.
What steps are you taking to minimise your risk of becoming a data breach victim? In this webinar, Symantec and a guest speaker from Forrester share best practices to proactively protect your critical data with data-centric security.
Get advice on preventing data breaches from these industry experts:
• Guest Speaker Heidi Shey, Senior Analyst, Forrester. Heidi serves Security & Risk Professionals with solutions for data security and privacy. She also researches sensitive data discovery, data loss prevention, cybersecurity, customer-facing breach response and more.
• Nico Popp, Senior Vice President, Information Protection, Symantec. Nico is the former CTO of VeriSign Security Services where he led efforts to develop new products and services for Trust Services and Identity Protection.
Join these authorities as they explain how a holistic approach to data security and identity puts you back in control.
Threat Isolation gives you safe access to uncategorized websites, without risk of malware infection.
This is powerful and impactful technology, which is why Gartner’s recent Strategic Planning Assumption for the category predicted that by 2021, 50% of enterprises would adopt browser isolation and, as a result, would experience a 70% reduction in attacks compromising end user systems.
Find out how Symantec is integrating Threat Isolation with Web Security and Email Security to keep you safe from ransomware and advanced threats.
The reality & one of the biggest challenges for IT today is that there’s a complex user definition – there are now many options for connectivity via multiple types of devices, and the truth is, there is a lack of security for many of these new devices both on premise and in the cloud.
The traditional security perimeter that your IT team used to be able to define surrounding cloud security is now dissolving. So if you are adopting more cloud services, putting more employees in remote or distributed offices, or are concerned about the increasing number of cyber threats you are reading about in the headlines, join us for this session to better understand what it means to be a proxy, why that’s so important today, and how that plays against what our competitors are saying about us.
Register for our webinar ‘Power of The Proxy’ today!
Ransomware attacks are on the rise and wreaking havoc like never before. Attend this webinar to find out some of the key things you can do to greatly reduce the chance of Ransomware ever becoming an issue for your organization. We will discuss how to set up a strong defense across email, web, endpoints, and workloads.
As cyber threats in the business world evolve, so do the skill requirements on Cyber Security specialists. In 2017, 55% of enterprises required at least three months to fill open Cyber Security positions and 37% reported that less than 1 in 4 candidates have the qualifications they need (1). Building and maintaining a capable Cyber Security team today is a challenge.
A fundamental shortage of Cyber Security professionals, coupled with high attrition rates, can lead to organisations failing to acquire or retain the expertise necessary to respond to an ever-evolving threat landscape.
To better help you prepare against this situation, we have arranged for a webinar session, where we will explore the skills gap in the different stages of a Cyber Security programme, and provide recommendations on how to:
•Create and operationalise a robust cyber security team
•Build and upskill existing talent
•Address the skills gap in different stages of your Cyber Security programme
•Source skilled security professionals differently
(1) Source: ISACA’s State of Cyber Security 2017: Current Trends in Workforce Development