Karl Hauck (Sr. Systems Engineer) and Brian Wilson (Staff Systems Engineer)
Looking to solve the puzzling visibility gap across the virtual and physical network? Trying to find the elusive answer to ensuring health and availability while also enhancing security and compliance? Need to deliver faster time to value?
See how you can quickly and easily design and deploy micro-segmentation across the network with an intuitive and easy-to-use UI with natural language search. Optimize network performance and availability with visibility and analytics across virtual and physical networks. And get troubleshooting and operational views to quickly and confidently manage and scale VMware NSX deployments. This session will provide you an overview of vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) product and capabilities.
Upgrading your IT operations -- even with the industry's leading virtualization platform -- is an unpredictable process. During this webcast, our technical experts will share common do's and don'ts for an easier virtualization upgrade execution for your DevOps and IT teams.
Want to take vRealize Operations to the next level by integrating with ServiceNow, PagerDuty, Slack and more? You can do that! Join us to learn how easy (and fun!) it can be to explore using vRealize Operations extensibility with two powerful features.
First, we will cover how you can use the REST Notification plugin in to send alert information to practically any system with a Web API including vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator for ultimate automation power. All possible with Webhook Shims, an open source project available today.
Next, we will take a look at the vRealize Operations REST API to discover how you can perform many different tasks without even opening the UI. This includes using PowerCLI for tasks such as looking at stats, alerts, object properties and more.
If you want to know how vRealize Operations can feed and interact with other IT tools in your environment, this session is for you!
In this session our DevOps engineering expert will provide a demonstration of the vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps (vRCS MP), a.k.a. Houdini. This product allows the Cloud Admin to design, test, and execute DevOps processes for Software-Defined Infrastructure content through continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) process.
By adding Content Endpoints into the vRCS MP such as vSphere, vRealize Automation/Operations/Orchestrator content (metadata) can subsequently be captured and versioned in the Xenon Repository, tested in a staging environment and then released to the target (test, staging, or production) environments in a single request.
Join this webcast to:
-See a brief installation of vRCS MP
-Capture content from vRA/vRO & show how artifacts (based on JSON) are saved to Xenon Repository
-Test content to staging
-CI/CD: Release content to production
-Recapture & rollback
Discover top considerations around architecting the migration to vSphere 6.5 from Joseph Griffiths, Solution Architect, and Logan Smith, Systems Engineer. During this webcast, they will address specific design "How-Tos" and deep dive into architecture best practices.
Would you like to deploy agents on post provisioning? Orchestrate and automate service delivery? Take advantage of existing CM tooling?
This webcast builds on previous sessions where we introduced vRealize Orchestrator and the new Event Broker Service. In this session, we will explore advanced use cases; XaaS, Blueprints and Event Broker best practices; and how to extend the solution to solve common challenges.
Examples of advanced integration use cases include:
· Deploying bootstrap agents (Puppet, Chef)
· Advanced Blueprint concepts (software components and vRealize Orchestrator integration)
· ITIL process integration (CMDB and Service Desk)
· Service lifecycle extensions
During this session, VMware cloud specialists will explore the important inter-relationships between NSX and the vRealize Cloud Management Platform. We will demonstrate how to automate, manage, monitor, and govern NSX using simple, out-of-the-box integrations and management packs. Topics will include:
· Automating the dynamic creation of NSX-routed and NAT networks with vRealize Automation
· Automating security policies with vRealize Automation using NSX security groups and tags
· Using vRealize Automation’s converged blueprint designer to add networking and security functionality
· Best practices for blueprint creation with NSX and vRealize Automation
· Monitoring NSX with the vRealize Operations management pack
· Analyzing NSX log data through the NSX content pack for vRealize Log Insight
In this session, VMware Cloud Specialists will demonstrate how to quickly install and configure VMware vRealize Orchestrator, explain its basic features and capabilities, and show you how to create and run automated, configurable processes. Other topics will include:
- Backing up the appliance
- Managing workflows
- Understanding policies and packages
Join us to learn how to more effectively utilize VMware vRealize solutions to quickly get the most value from your VMware investment.
During this session VMware Cloud Specialists will dive into Best Practices for what to do next on Day 3 in vRealize™ Operations™ 6. First we will review in this session, Day 2 Operations, the major concepts learned from Day 2, and then continue to build on, into Day 3.
- Adding SDDC Management Packs to the environment.
- Modeling an Application and its Tiers to be managed.
- Review the Alerts and Systems for Container objects to insure that alerts are bubbling up correctly to Application container objects.
- Build a Maintenance Schedule to suspend alerts from trigger for the application and its objects.
- Create Custom Profiles to understand how many Web, Application and Database servers can fit in the Application’s Capacity Provider (Custom Datacenter)
- Develop Supermetrics to measure KPIs of the managed Application
- Building a Dashboard to visualize the managed application.
- Assigning the Dashboard and its application objects to the appropriate roles.
- A feature walkthrough how to navigate, drilldown and isolate a problem in the newly designed application.
The more apps that benefit from server virtualization, the better. But when they’re mobile or big data apps, can you still guarantee performance and do it cost-effectively? It’s not easy when siloed operations and disparate management tools get in the way.
As your virtualized infrastructure grows, vSphere with Operations Management can help. Its advanced hypervisor technologies support new app requirements, while minimizing operational complexity and cost.
•Virtualize any app with confidence and make better decisions on workload placement.
•Automate operational intelligence and gain consistency in management.
•Reduce waste in overprovisioning and reduce the costs of compliance across VMs.
Don’t miss it! This technical deep-dive will show you how to keep up with performance and high availability for all your cloud-based, business-critical (SaaS), and mobile apps.