Open source has been adopted by organizations across all industries, including software, systems, and cloud services. How much open source is used, along with the license, security, and operational risks posed by unmanaged use of open source, is a question M&A professionals need to consider in every transaction.
This webinar will provide insight from real world data abstracted from Black Duck M&A audits. The data covers hundreds of systems and commercial applications, the code assets of recent acquisition targets, and will illuminate why acquirers should understand exactly what is in the code base before closing the deal. Data will include:
- The composition of open source v. proprietary code in the average code base
- The gap between the number of open source components used vs. what was known by the target
- The prevalence of components using licenses that could put IP at risk
- Number and age of security vulnerabilities in the open source components
- An understanding of which components have underactive support communities