Join Responsible Investor and FTSE Russell for an interactive webinar on green real estate!
Climate change poses clear and material risks to real estate assets with the potential to impact return profiles. Real estate investing has historically lacked the appropriate tools to allow investors to assess their exposure to climate risk and to integrate it effectively in their investment strategies.
To help address this gap, FTSE Russell developed the FTSE EPRA Nareit Green Indexes to allow investors to identify real estate companies with strong sustainability performance. These indexes are a sustainability-focused extension to the FTSE EPRA Nareit Global Real Estate Index Series, a leading series of listed real estate benchmarks with approximately US$341billion of assets tracking this series.*
* Data as of December 31, 2017 as reported on April 2, 2018 by eVestment for institutional assets, Morningstar for retail mutual funds, insurance products, and ETFs, and additional passive assets directly collected by FTSE Russell.
· Listed Real Estate market trends in Developed markets, specifically Europe and North America
· Facing the sustainable real estate challenge – what is important to know
· The world’s largest asset class – addressing the investment data gaps
· Real Estate Indexes have the ‘green’ light - case for integrating sustainability considerations in Real Estate benchmarks
· Building for a green economy future – where to from here
· Q&A from the audience
Ali Zaidi, Director of Research & Indexes, European Public Real Estate Association (EPRA)
Calvin Schnure, Senior Vice President, Research & Economic Analysis, National Association of REITs (Nareit)
Jaakko Kooroshy, Head of Innovation and Standards, Sustainable Investment, FTSE Russell
Moderated by Tony Hay, Publisher, Responsible Investor