Whether you refer to them as Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, Industrial Control Systems, Machine Interface, Remote Terminal Unit, Programmable Logic Controller, Internet of Things - these systems underpin many of the manufacturing processes that make modern day life possible from water treatment, steel mills, nuclear power stations, elevator shafts, cars, trains to planes.
Yet, when compared with other more common networking protocols, they are often considered “basic”. However the risks and results of compromise are far more grave than other more protected systems.
Testing such system requires specialist skills but that doesn’t mean it’s any more expensive or inaccessible than testing any other system. Learn in this presentation:
- How systems should be tested
- How to conduct relevant risk analysis
- What can happen if an attack takes place
- How some of the most widely reported attacks happened
- What you can do to avoid breach