Learn more about how to assess and transform your culture and practices as part of modernizing your software development. We share the patterns of successful team organization, agile and extreme programming practices, as well as modern product management and user centric design principles.
Dr. Nicole Forsgren, CEO, DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA) and Richard Seroter, Sr. Director of Product, Pivotal
The Accelerate State of DevOps Report is the result of five years of research—with over 30,000 data points—to understand high performance in the context of software development, and the factors that predict it.
In this webinar, we discuss the key findings in the 2018 report. Join us to learn how:
- Software delivery performance unlocks several competitive advantages including increased profitability, productivity, market share, customer service, and ability to achieve organization or mission goals.
- Not just using cloud infrastructure, but implementing cloud as it’s intended to be used, contributes to high performance
- Outsourcing may save money in the short term, but is much more likely to contribute to low performance
- Identifying key technological practices can drive high performance across your organization (and evidence that industry vertical doesn’t matter)
Dr. Nicole Forsgren is Co-founder, CEO and Chief Scientist at DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA) and co-author of the book Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps. She is best known for her work measuring the technology process and as the lead investigator on the largest DevOps studies to date. In former lives, she’s been a professor, sysadmin, and performance engineer.
Richard Seroter is a Senior Director of Product for Pivotal, a 10-time Microsoft MVP for cloud, an instructor for developer-centric training company Pluralsight, the lead InfoQ.com editor for cloud computing, and author of multiple books on application integration strategies. As a Senior Director of Product at Pivotal, Richard heads up product marketing and helps customers see how to transform the way they build software. Richard maintains a regularly updated blog (seroter.wordpress.com) on topics of architecture and solution design and can be found on Twitter as @rseroter.
Allison Willams, Pivotal Senior Solutions Architect & Tom Collings, Pivotal Advisory Solutions ArchitectRecorded: Mar 20 201935 mins
Migrating your applications to the cloud can be a harrowing journey, one fraught with complexity and uncertainty. What’s required to succeed, above and beyond the right platform, are the right set of people, equipped with modern practices, to build and run cloud native applications with confidence.
Join Allison and Tom, from Pivotal's Application Transformation (AppTx) team, as they discuss what common problems arise when teams try to get their apps on the platform and the AppTx team approach to solving them.
Whether you have purchased PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) or are of a mind to move your legacy applications to the cloud this webinar will help you understand:
● Why it’s imperative to have a small team dedicated to the application portfolio
● When to re-platform, modernize or rewrite an application
● Strategies to address the most common issues we see
Lauren Gilchrist, Director, Pivotal Labs and Paul Choi, Sr. Director, Pivotal LabsRecorded: Feb 28 201952 mins
Speed to value is critical for businesses to outpace their competition. Learn how your team or organization can leverage proven, modern product development best practices to win in today’s market.
Join Lauren Gilchrist and Paul Choi to gain insights on how to deliver more value to customers and better partner with your IT organization. We’ll share software development best practices and methodologies that have been used to help organizations adapt and thrive in today's digital markets.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
● How Fortune 2000 companies can compete with startups and build more desirable and usable products
● How to realize value faster and more sustainably
● How to decrease risk and reduce waste in building your application
Jacque Istok, Head of Data, Pivotal and Kelly Carrigan, Principal Consultant, EON CollectiveRecorded: Feb 13 201959 mins
This webinar is for IT professionals who have devoted considerable time and effort growing their careers in and around the Netezza platform.
We’ll explore the architectural similarities and technical specifics of what makes the open source Greenplum Database a logical next step for those IT professionals wishing to leverage their MPP experience with a PostgreSQL-based database.
As the Netezza DBMS faces a significant end-of-support milestone, leveraging an open source, infrastructure-agnostic replacement that has a similar architecture will help avoid a costly migration to either a different architecture or another proprietary alternative.
Caleb Washburn, Director, Solutions Architect & Parker Fleming, Director, Solutions Architect, PivotalRecorded: Jan 31 201960 mins
The key to truly being successful with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) is to have a dedicated team equipped with modern practices and methodologies running your cloud platform. Join Caleb and Parker from Pivotal Cloud Foundry’s Solutions team, as they discuss what a healthy platform capability looks like, and share practical advice on how to ensure your platform team is ready to unlock the full value of PCF.
This webinar is for all people who have purchased PCF and those that are considering doing so. In this webinar you will understand:
● What we mean by 'treat your platform as a product'
● The need for a dedicated platform team
● Why you need to adopt a culture of continuous improvement
● How to garner executive support in order to challenge convention
James Ma, Senior Product Manager, Pivotal & Michael Villiger, Sr. Technical Partner Manager, DynatraceRecorded: Jan 23 201958 mins
The demands of fast incremental code development require a stable, safe, and continuous delivery pipeline that can get your code into the hands of your customers without delay. Put your continuous delivery pipeline on autopilot by automating and simplifying the workflow—continuous integration to production readiness—and by using an automated monitoring solution to prevent bad builds from impacting production.
This webinar will cover the steps to building an automated, monitored pipeline:
1. Modeling and visualizing your build and delivery process as a pipeline (defined as a single, declarative config file) using Concourse CI.
2. Leveraging integrations to trigger actions and share data, supporting functions like testing, collaboration, and monitoring.
3. Enhancing your end-to-end continuous delivery pipeline with contextual deployment event feeds to Dynatrace.
4. Adding automated, metrics-based quality gates between pre-production stages and an automatic post-production approval step, all with specifications defined in source control.
Attendees will learn how some of the unique capabilities of Concourse CI and Pivotal Cloud Foundry, coupled with Dynatrace’s software intelligence, can put your continuous delivery pipeline on autopilot and ensure safer production outcomes.
Aloka Penmatcha, Pivotal, Teresa Torres, Product Talk, Jem Semick, Product Plan, Kevin Steigerwald, The Product StackRecorded: Jan 18 201961 mins
Does this sound familiar? As a product manager, you’ve finally got a groomed backlog that
aligns with the product vision and roadmap. Teams are cranking away and delivering.
Everything is on track and then it happens—some unplanned work pops up that is deemed
URGENT by someone outside your department. All eyes are on you to set the priority—do you have the tools to do it?
Here’s what you’ll learn if you watch this webinar:
● What to do when unplanned work pops up
● Proven prioritization frameworks to help you tame the never-ending feedback chaos
● How to communicate delays to stakeholders
● Roadmapping best practices for agile dev teams
Robin Calhoun, Jama Software, Jay Badenhope, Pivotal Labs, Jim Semick, ProductPlan, Andre Theus Dunlop, The Product StackRecorded: Jan 18 201961 mins
For the most part, releasing products at a small startup is fairly straightforward because getting everyone on the same page is easy. But if you’re a product manager at a large company, releasing a new product is far more complex. Multiple stakeholders need to be involved at various stages, and achieving organizational alignment (i.e., executives, marketing, sales, legal, etc.) can be a tall order.
How do you navigate the challenges of shipping new features without getting stuck in the enterprise black hole?
Here’s what you’ll learn if you watch our webinar:
● How to make decisions and reach consensus with multiple stakeholders
● How to keep stakeholders informed about progress when priorities keep changing
● How to better embrace agile principles with a large team and ship products fast
Hadrien Raffalli, Pivotal, Heidi Helfance, Procore Technologies, Jennifer Payne, Product Plan, Kevin Stelgerwald, The ProductRecorded: Jan 17 201960 mins
In an ever-increasing competitive landscape, companies look for every advantage possible to deliver products faster, safer, and smarter. Cross-functional teams bring together not only coding, quality, and design disciplines into a single functioning unit, but also product management, which plays a key role. So what does that role look like at successful companies?
Watch our webinar and learn:
● Specific steps to achieve a well-balanced cross-functional team
● The benefits of reteaming to spread knowledge and build safety
● How to break through issues and create high performing teams
● Behaviors that help or hinder the product manager’s success in the team
Patrick Campbell, ProfitWell, Kevin Steigerwald, Jama Software, Jim Semick, ProductPlan, Ronan Dunlop, PivotalRecorded: Jan 2 201962 mins
Arriving at the ideal pricing model for your subscription business is no easy feat. How much should you charge? How often should you change your pricing? What pricing model should you use? These questions, and many more, pose a constant challenge for companies of all sizes.
Well, we’ve got solutions! Featuring product leaders from ProductPlan, Jama Analyze, and ProfitWell (formerly Price Intelligently)—we will answer your questions about subscription pricing.
Here’s what you’ll learn when you listen to this webinar:
● How to create and manage a pricing model
● Who on your team should own the pricing strategy
● How to manage legacy customer pricing
● The most common SaaS pricing mistakes
ProductPlan, Pivotal Labs, Jama Software, The Product StackRecorded: Dec 14 201860 mins
What does it take to be a product manager? Is there a cookie-cutter template, a perfect mold
into which all PMs should seek to fit? Are the skills finite and easily definable? In the next
Product Stack webinar, we’re going to find out together if there is a such a thing as a paragon ofproduct management—and if you’re on track to be that kind of PM.
Here’s what you’ll learn if you join our webinar::
● Let’s be truthful: what is and is not a product manager function?
● What are the soft skills that product managers should cultivate?
● What are the hard skills product managers should know?
Annie Dunham, Director of Product Management at ProductPlan.
Isabelle Berner, Product Manager at Pivotal Labs.
Kevin Steigerwald is the VP of Products and UX at Jama Software.
Ronan Dunlop, Marketing Director, Pivotal and Co-Founder of The Product Stack.