BrightTALK caught up with JP Bourget, Chief Security Officer of Syncurity, for an in-depth conversation on the current state of information security, today's threatscape and a discussion on the cyber industry.
Topics up for discussion:
- What's to be learnt from the Yahoo breach revelations
- Cyber security and how it's moved into the political sphere
- The supposed Russian Hack of the US Elections and what it means for Cyber Warfare
- The top challenges for US cyber teams in 2017
- Trends in the threatscape, threat actors and motives
About the Speaker:
JP Bourget, Founder and Chief Security Officer of Syncurity, has over 10 years experience in Cybersecurity. Over the past 5 years JP has focused on Incident Response, SIEM and Network Security Management. JP is was a founding organizer of BSides Rochester, a local, free Information Security Conference. In 2013, JP was a participant and organizer of Cycle Override, a 2700 mile cross country bicycle ride from Virginia to San Francisco, by way of Defcon 21, in order to raise Information Security awareness and raise money for the Electronic Frontier Organization. (@EFF) Prior to forming Syncurity, JP was Network Security Manager for a $200 million global manufacturing company, with presence in USA, Europe and China. JP was an adjunct professor at Rochester Institute of Technology, teaching undergraduate classes in Network Security and Forensics.