Regardless of whether you’re taking the first steps in launching your business venture, or you have been operating for several years, as a business owner you will be confronted by many legal obligations and issues to which you must conform.
This session will provide you with top tips to ensure your business is legally protected.
Topics covered will include;
• How to ensure you have obtained all necessary licenses and permits
• Tips on preparing and implementing written contracts
• How to ensure that your business complies with a myriad of federal and state employment laws
• How to protect your business’s intellectual property
• When you should turn to an attorney for advice
About the Speaker:
Randolph Houston is a Co-founder of and now of counsel in FORTKORT & HOUSTON P.C., where his practice focuses on trademark (including trade dress and unfair competition) and copyright counseling, clearance, prosecution, policing, and litigation and trade secret litigation. He also has developed a significant music and entertainment law practice, negotiating deals involving major label recording artists, representing individual musicians, actors, artists, and writers, and speaking and writing on entertainment-related topics. Mr. Houston is also an artist manager, representing recording artists, television and film actors, and comedians.