You’ve seen the headlines:
• North Winward Financial expelled from FINRA for failing to respond to FINRA requests;
• Caldwell International Securities fined $1M for failure to develop an adequate supervisory system;
• Boenning & Scattergood fined $100K by FINRA for failing to supervise a representative’s private security transactions
And, that is just from late 2016!
Today, compliance officers at broker-dealer and investment advisory firms are challenged by supervisory review like never before. SEC/FINRA/IIROC regulatory scrutiny over supervisory practices has never been higher, while many firms continue to rely upon supervisory tools that were designed 10+ years ago, for email.
Watch this on-demand webinar for a:
• Review of a sampling of recent supervisory mishaps
• Discussion of best practices to address FINRA priorities outlined in the January 2017 Exam Letter
• Overview of how Actiance can help
Mitch Atkins is Founder and Principal of FirstMark Regulatory Solutions, Inc., a compliance consulting firm. Previously, he spent 20 years at FINRA where he was an examiner, district director, and senior vice president and regional director.
Robert Cruz is Senior Director of eDiscovery & Information Governance for Actiance. He has more than 20 years of experience in providing thought leadership on emerging topics including cloud computing, information governance, and Discovery cost and risk reduction.