Big Data Analytics vs Privacy: Risks and Opportunities
Rob Anderson, Head of Field Operations (Privitar),Tim Hickman, Associate (White & Case)
Today's modern businesses gain competitive edge and remain innovative by using advanced analytics and machine learning. Utilising big data can build customer loyalty by improving personalised marketing campaigns; optimises fraud detection; and improves products and services by advanced testing. However, the data sets required for advanced analytics are often sensitive, containing personal customer information, and therefore come with an inherent set of privacy risks and concerns.
Read more >
This roundtable will cover a few key questions on data utility and privacy:
- In what ways advanced analytics help businesses gain competitive edge?
- What is defined as sensitive data?
- Will GDPR affect the way you're allowed to use customer data?
- What opportunities are there to utilise sensitive data?
Unlocking the data’s true value is a challenge, but there are a range of tools and techniques that can help. This live discussion will focus on the data analytics landscape; compliance considerations and opportunities for improving data utility in 2018 and beyond.
- A view of the data protection landscape
- How to remaining compliant with GDPR when using customer data
- Use cases for advanced analytics and machine learning
- Opportunities for maximising data utility in 2018