As the worlds of media and telecoms continuing to converge and overlap, the strategies and concerns of fixed and mobile operators are of increasing importance to the media, entertainment and technology sector.
With broadcasters and content owners required to deliver programmes to an ever-increasing array of platforms and devices the role of networks, carriers and operators has never been so vital. And for telcos, content can be used to boost offerings, helping to entice and retain customers.
The IBC365 editorial team will pick through the product launches, announcements and themes of Mobile World Congress to make sense of the show for those involved in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
Find out what was revealed and discussed at Mobile World Congress and why it is important for you by joining this IBC365 webinar.
IBC365 Editor George Bevir will be joined by journalists and analysts from across the broadcast and telco markets who will dissect the main talking points of the exhibition and conference.
Among the topics for discussion are:
- The role of content in telco operators’ strategies: Acquiring, packaging and distributing content
- Competing with tech giants and SVOD players
- Broadcasters' increasing need for greater network access
- 5G: Roll out, lessons from PyeongChang and the implications for broadcasters and content owners
- Delivering content to mobile devices
- UHD, HDR and HFR content
- Immersive content: 360-video, VR, AR and MR
- E-sports: the opportunity to connect with fans
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
Richard Lindsay-Davies, CEO, DTG
James Manning Smith, Research Analyst Consumer Media & Technology, Futuresource Consulting
David Sidebottom, Principal Analyst Entertainment, Futuresource Consulting
Ian Volans, Independent Consultant