Among the top challenges lenders face today is the need to meet higher expectations set by the OCC and the Federal Reserve governing the use of third-party vendors. While the guidelines were released over a year ago, there is still confusion about what institutions should be doing.
One thing, however, is certain. Effective vendor management takes resources, and many institutions are finding it necessary to add staff and/or technology to help with the cause, particularly smaller institutions. The regulators have made it clear, vendor management is not just a one-time assessment, but is an ongoing process, and monitoring vendors long term is as important as the initial due diligence.
EDR is pleased to host a webinar on this timely topic on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. EST. Scott Roller, former head of vendor management at Citigroup, will provide clarity on the new regulations and help break down regulator expectations into easy-to-understand terms. Roller will explore key dimensions that attendees can use as the foundation for building out their own robust vendor management oversight program, from initial vendor risk classification all the way through ensuring adequate executive engagement in vendor management.
Attendees will learn best practices for satisfying regulators with this educational workshop, including answers to the following:
• What does the latest regulatory guidance on vendor management require?
• What are the biggest headaches banks are facing in complying with them?
• What advice is recommended for smaller banks struggling with limited manpower/resources?
• What are bank examiners looking for during audits?
• What are the latest best practices for policies and procedures?
• How are banks coping with the need to track and monitor vendors?
• What are the most common shortcomings that audits reveal?
Attendees will also receive a free copy of a white paper on vendor oversight and the cost of compliance.