Being a working mom is the new norm but that doesn’t make it any easier. This week’s cuppa talks to four working moms — in non-profit, healthcare, business, and entertainment — who have juggled contracted and self-employed roles, motherhood, and breastfeeding.
Read more >
Our awesome guests to kick off this series of conversations with awesome women of influence will be author of 'The Big Letdown', communications strategist and social commentator Kimberly Seals Allers; actress and musician Noa Bodner; self-employed occupational therapist Melinda Eriksen; and nonprofit marketing director Kate McLoughlin Thornton.
We talk about the challenges and celebrations of the working mother, and share tips, stories and tricks that can help other working mothers and the folks that work with them. Along with your questions, we will cover topics like:
- the personal journeys of each remarkable woman
- family leave, childcare and breastfeeding support on and off the job
- the different experience of mothers in different roles, races, cultures and economic levels
- specific struggles and discriminations facing working mothers and how to deal
- where working mothers can find allies
- work-life balance tips
- advice for moms getting back to work after a long leave after kids
- and of course your questions during the live taping!
NOTE: This week is just as important for non-parents to join. We all work alongside working moms and they are essential to the future of every sector — including humanity! Join the live show to get the answers to all the questions you were afraid to ask or catch up by signing up now and get the recording sent to you afterwards.