Jones Day represents companies in complex, multistate, unclaimed property audits and internal reviews. Charolette Noel is widely recognized as a leading national expert in this area. On Thursday, February 9, 2012, the Jones Day State & Local Tax Practice will present a live, 60-minute webcast, at 1:00 p.m. EST, that will review the significant state tax issues in this area. After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the five key elements that define unclaimed property
- Recognize five frequently under-reported types of unclaimed property
- Determine the controlling state law jurisdiction and priority of competing state law claims
- Apply the general rules of dormancy, tolling, diligence, indemnity, and burden of proof on audit to your operations
- Apply techniques to limit the scope of unclaimed property audits and mitigate estimated or proposed assessments
There will be an opportunity to submit questions during the live webcast. This group internet-based webinar will be presented at an Intermediate Level. For additional information, please contact Dorinda Graves at (214) 969-3762 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no cost to attend this program. The live version of this webcast has been approved for 1 hour of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit in CA, IL, NY and TX. Assistance with individual applications in other jurisdictions is available upon request. Jones Day is an approved NASBA sponsor for up to 1 hour of CPE credit for this event.
Jones Day is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.