Maximize Cloud Infrastructure and Minimize Cost with One Innovative Product
Read more >
Organizations deploy container-based applications across cloud environments to reduce development efforts, increase flexibility, and improve time to market. Despite these efficiency gains, cost savings have proven elusive as public cloud costs tend to be locked-. In addition, spare capacity to meet fluctuating demands can be expensive and difficult to manage. The solution to OpenShift CloudBalancer.
OpenShift CloudBalancer is a Crossvale managed open-source product that delivers:
• Cloud Cost Savings
• Infrastructure usage optimization
• Rule-Based Infrastructure Management
Crossvale CloudBalancer seamlessly monitors and manages workloads to control cost and capacity for Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform by:
1. Harnessing multiple public clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Google Compute Engine (GCE), and Microsoft Azure.
2. Removing the risk of either private or public cloud service downtime by ensuring the containerized applications can either burst out onto the public cloud or be rapidly spun up on another cloud provider within minutes.
3. Reducing the costs of over-provisioning
AMAZON EC2 SPOT INSTANCES AND SPOT FLEET HELP CUSTOMERS MANAGE CAPACITY AND COSTS.
“With Amazon EC2 Spot instances, we easily save 85–90% in costs. That, in turn, allows us to experiment with less risk and ultimately develop higher-quality products for our customers.” JOE GARDNER, PRINCIPAL CLOUD ARCHITECT, NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS
“We see companies today using this facility of unused instances for development and operations closed environments for testing. However, more importantly, we now see it used in production for enterprise-ready, business-critical applications.” CONOR BRANKIN