Increasing expectations for good governance, effective risk management and complex demands for legislative and regulatory compliance are presenting a growing challenge for organizations of all sizes. Tune in to live and recorded presentations by respected luminaries in the fields of governance, risk and compliance. Their thought leadership will provide you with practical advice on how to implement successful GRC strategies and processes for your organization.
Kristy Gouldsmith, Sr. Data Protection GDPR Consultant & Managing Director of Sapphire Consulting Group
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on May 25th, 2018. The GDPR changes the way that consent is sought and managed and it sets a high standard for consent. Consent means offering people genuine choice and control over how you use their data. When consent is used properly, it helps you build trust and enhance your reputation.
The changes from the GDPR reflect a more dynamic idea of consent: consent as an organic, ongoing and actively managed choice, and not simply a one-off compliance box to tick and file away. This webinar will help you to decide when to rely on consent for processing and when to look at alternatives. It explains what counts as valid consent, and how to obtain and manage consent in a way that complies with the GDPR.
About the Speaker:
Kristy Gouldsmith, CIPP/E, LLB, LLM, PGCE, BA, is a senior data protection GDPR consultant and the managing director of Sapphire Consulting Group, a leading UK data protection consultancy. Sapphire Consulting Group provide GDPR services such as audits, policies, data sharing agreements and training. Kristy is also the Data Protection Officer for a number of organisations including a multi-national software-as- a-service company, a large London-based serviced-office company and several firms of solicitors.
In this webinar, Dr. Jones Lukose will tell us about the impact of the GDPR on the International Criminal Court. Compliance is a major issue, and in this session, you will learn about the obligations, challenges, processes and the future for the International Criminal Court using the Micro Focus solutions Content Manager, ControlPoint and IDOL.
The GDPR is the most significant change in data privacy regulation in more than 20 years. It comes into force on 25 May 2018 and will impact all businesses that process personal data or businesses that process personal data of EU citizens even if they are not in the EU. Obligations for compliance will affect both controller and processors and regulators will get increased enforcement powers and the right to impose fines of up to 4% of global turnover for both data breaches and infringements of the law.
Attend this CPE accredited educational webinar with our panel of experts to learn what you need to know about the GDPR and how to remain compliant.
- Learn how to prepare for GDPR implementation
- Identify the real life challenges of compliance
- Learn about prioritizing plans and actions to effectively prepare for data protection
- Discover some of the benefits, approaches, and tools to comply with the GDPR
Brought to you by the Vivit Automation & Cloud Builders Special Interest (SIG) Group.
Attend this webinar to receive a live demonstration of public cloud service brokering, aggregation and governance using the Micro Focus Hybrid Cloud Management solution. HCM allows IT to easily aggregate public cloud resources into an end-user catalog, while providing governance and analytics to ensure business unit consumption is visible and within budget. In addition, learn how improved control of public cloud spending can help you start building a strong business case for cloud management.
Cloud Aggregation & Brokering
- Cloud service aggregation to quickly aggregate hybrid cloud services and publish offerings in catalog
- Self-service web portal access to catalog services for end users to consume services
Hybrid Cloud Governance
- Get visibility into IT cloud costs with show-back reporting for LOBs/organizations
- Policy-based budget quota management to proactively track cloud costs and notify on quota overages
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union law, but it's going to impact businesses beyond the EU. Basically, any business that collects and processes personal data of EU individuals will need to achieve GDPR compliance by deadline day, May 25th, 2018.
What are the privacy & security requirements for being GDPR compliant? -
- Why we should think beyond GDPR when it comes to improving data security?
- Are you compliant / ready when GDPR goes into effect next month?
- What are some last-minute items to complete before the GDPR deadline?
Join top experts for this interactive Q&A roundtable, streamed LIVE during RSAC week, as they discuss the implication of GDPR on managing digital identity, customer data, privacy and cyber security.
- Dr. Christopher Pierson, CEO, Binary Sun Cyber Risk Advisors
- Jeff Carpenter, CISSP, CCSP, Crossmatch
- Alex Horan, Director of Product Management, Onapsis
- Elena Elkina, Partner, Aleada Consulting
This is a CPE credit session in partnership with ITSPmagazine and (ISC)².
Effective risk management is critical for every organization, especially in the current era of increasingly frequent and complex cyber threats. Organizations with the ability to detect changes across global IT environments in real time can better prevent and respond to malicious acts such as ransomware/malware attacks and configuration tampering.
Join our panel of InfoSec experts on this CPE accredited webinar to learn how your organization can take command of risk to proactively prioritize and address the risks that matter most, and ignite your risk management program to enable cybersecurity.
Qualifying participants will earn 1 CPE credit.
- Discover how to identify, catalog, and prioritize risks across the enterprise
- Find out how to quickly measure critical activities and address inherited risk
- Learn how to gain efficiency and effectiveness of current risk-management approaches
The GDPR compliance date is fastly approaching and many companies will not be compliant. What will this mean for them, what can they do over the remaining time left and what will the impact mean?
Join this panel of world-class experts:
Lance James: Chief Scientist at Flashpoint, internationally renowned Cybersecurity Specialist who has advised Boards and CISO’s at a wide range of government and F-500 organizations. Frequent lecturer and speaker.
Mark Rasch: Chief Legal and Compliance Partner for Digital Risk Management & GDPR. Former Chief Security Evangelist for Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Chief Privacy Officer at SAIC and Led U.S. Department of Justice’s Cyber Crime Unit.
Martyn Hope: Founder of the EU-GDPR Institute.
In this session you will learn:
- What will happen if I'm not Compliant by May 25, 2018
- Where do I Begin to start my compliance effort
- Who should I trust to advise me through my compliance program
If you are a CISO, Board Member, Compliance Officer, Data Privacy Officer or anyone tasked with GDPR , this is a must see discussion of world-class panelists who are experts and have first hand knowledge and expereince.
In order to properly control privacy data under GDPR, you need a plan for both classifying and understanding where that info is kept. Regulation-specific standards are often insufficient, and trying to apply multiple standards is difficult and confusing to employees. In this webcast. Greg Forest from Contoural will discuss how to create a single comprehensive yet workable data security classification standard that both ensures compliance and is intuitive and easier for employees to follow. Topics include:
• An overview of key data classification frameworks including HIPAA, ISO, FIPS and others, their strengths and their weaknesses
• Key attributes that should go into your standard including privacy, confidentiality, IP and other types of sensitive information
• How to create a hybrid standard
• Sampling your standard with content, and using this to drive adjustments and fine tuning
• How to integrate data classification with record retention
We all know that the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will bring a massive change in the way businesses operate and handle personal data. This short discussion will give you to tips to jumpstart your GDPR programme and some easy approaches to take to achieve success in a short space of time.
1) GDPR short summary
2) Focus on the goals not vendors
3) ICO & Data subject expectations - May 2018 onwards
4) GDPR practical approach
About the Presenter:
Tarun Samtani is the Group GDPR Lead for Vectura Group Plc, & SkyePharma. Tarun holds over 18+ years of experience across various sectors like Telecommunications, ISP's, Financial Services, Gambling, Retail and most recently Pharmaceuticals. Tarun has worked across UK, Europe, Asia & Middle East on different assignments. He has a wealth of experience in Cyber security & Data privacy and is passionate about securing business information landscape. During the course of his career Tarun has been involved in the strategy & planning, design, architecture and implementation of a significant number of information security programmes.
In many ways, creating your GDPR Data Protection Policy is the easy part. As the May deadline approaches, the real work begins on finding all your Privacy Data not only in databases but also GDPR content scattered across file shares, desktops and other storage repositories around the world.
In this Webcast, Contoural experts Greg Forest and Tom Mighell will discuss:
• Real-world strategies and processes for identifying, classifying and securing large amounts of not only unstructured GDPR data
• Addressing semi-structured content
• Applying automation
• Creating an ongoing process