Recently, as the number of patent infringement actions filed by foreign companies against Korean competitors has increased, Korean companies have responded aggressively with counteractions in multiple countries, frequently including Korea. Under this changing environment, the quality and size of the Korean patent portfolio plays a critical role in balancing the overall positions between the disputing parties.
With recent cases such as the Apple v. Samsung disputes, Osram v. LG Innotek & Samsung LED and the “Viagra case” between Pfizer and Hanmi Pharmaceutical, having a clear understanding of the South Korean legal framework and enforcement practice becomes crucial in successfully protecting your patent portfolio and other forms of IP rights.
Whether you, or your clients, face litigation in Korea, or will potentially be facing it in the future, this webinar will help you understand the essence of Korea’s legal framework, analyse different enforcement options, and give advice on effective counter-measures.
• James Nurton, managing editor, Managing IP (moderator)
• Mr. J. Kenneth Oh, vice president, head of IP division, LG Display Co., Ltd.
• Mr. Duck Soon Chang, partner, Kim & Chang
• Mr. Stephen T. Bang, partner, Kim & Chang
The webinar will focus on South Korea’s legal framework and patent enforcement practice, covering:
• Enforcement options in South Korea
• How to utilize the bifurcated court system
• Effective counter-measures to an invalidity defence
• Analysis and discussion of South Korea’s most notable patent infringement cases
The live audience will be able to ask questions of the speakers during the webinar, which will be in English and will last one hour.