Government agencies, like their private sector counterparts, are providing Wi-Fi access to employees, contractors and the residents they serve to provide fast and secure anytime, anywhere access to the network and critical applications. However, the number of threats against government networks has steadily risen in part due to the ease at which attacks against wireless networks can be launched. From plugging in cheap unauthorized/rogue Access Points (“AP”) in the network, to downloading attack tools from the internet, to buying RF jammers that make the entire wireless spectrum unusable, Network and Security Operation teams are fighting a multi-front Wi-Fi security battle.
This webinar will address key Wi-Fi security issues and ways to improve protection. You will learn about:
• The latest wireless attacks and hacks, including Rogue device, DoS and Penetration attacks against client devices and the AP infrastructure
• Misconceptions users have on the false security offered by the AP infrastructure to monitor itself
• How to deploy a “no-wireless” zone in sensitive areas of the campus/building
• Mitigation techniques to prevent the security threats from impacting operations and compromising data
• Importance of being on the leading edge of detecting the latest wireless threats
• 24 X 7 WIDS/WIPS solutions from NETSCOUT that helps organizations meet security, performance and compliance demands of today’s mobile workforce