Join me and our guest, Calvin Lee, Operations Director at RISKID, for a lively discussion as we aim to dispel confusion surrounding many of the elements of the Operational Risk framework.
Read more >
Operational risk is perhaps the most significant risk organizations face. Virtually every major loss that has taken place during the past 30 years, from Enron, Worldcom and Baring's Bank to the unauthorized trading incident at Société Générale and the subprime credit crisis, has been driven by operational failures.
Many financial institutions have spent millions of dollars trying to develop a robust framework for measuring and managing operational risk. Yet, in spite of this huge investment, for many firms developing a viable operational risk management (ORM) program remains an elusive goal.
This webinar is designed for both current students of the “Mastering Operational Risk” - http://www.globalriskacademy.com/p/orm online course and for other busy risk professionals who are interested in studying both theoretical and practical application of ORM but don’t have time to attend in-person classes.
The goal is three-fold:
1. Existing students will be able to understand more on how to work with the RISKID tool and get an opportunity to ask questions about the subject matter.
2. People who are planning to join the course will get some explanation in what is the course about, how the e-learning system works.
3. People who are just interested to know more about ORM
During the webinar we will cover:
1. 3 things most organizations are focusing on right now.
2. What are the major steps to take control of operational risks.
3. How to use Collaborative Risk Management tools to conduct your ORM operations and why traditional risk management practices involving risk registers and Excel are not effective anymore.