In the United States, the Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for providing healthcare and other services for over 21 million veterans. Currently, veteran data and health records are housed in a variety of distinct, complex systems, each holding discrete records of veteran interactions with military, community, and VA health teams.
The Digital Health Platform (DHP) strategy, developed in partnership with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), calls for a cloud-based technology platform integrating Veteran data from VA, military and commercial electronic health records (EHRs), applications, devices and wearables to a Veteran’s healthcare team in real-time.
Delivering on their vision required the adoption of a composable architecture, using APIs to abstract away complexity from EHRs into discrete units of business capabilities, represented via microservices. In this webinar, the DHP team will present methodology and technology insights drawn from the public-private collaboration that built the proof-of-concept, and share the role MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform helping enable this vision.
Attendees will learn:
- Why EHRs on their own are insufficient to meet modern interoperability requirements
- How APIs can be used to unlock and orchestrate healthcare data for cloud application consumption
- Why microservices can increase IT agility for both government agencies and private sector companies
- How the Digital Health Platform leverages MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform to improve care delivery for veterans
- What organizations outside healthcare or government can learn from this digital transformation approach