Wondering how to manage stringent SLA demands for complex networks that span distributed and mainframe environments, while simultaneously reducing your IT budget? Discover how you can dramatically improve performance and availability of your entire network by proactively managing it from a single point of control. What’s more, you’ll find out how to significantly reduce costs with total savings that might surprise you.
See how customers are leveraging advance analytics and automation to predictably prevent network problems and resourcefully plan for future network needs.
Test Kitchen makes it easy for you to test cookbooks on a variety of platforms. With Test Kitchen, you can quickly create test nodes, converge them, and then run tests against them to verify their state.
Join Chef engineer Fletcher Nichol as he explains how to use Test Kitchen to write and maintain Chef cookbooks with confidence. Fletcher will discuss:
- How to set up your workstation
- How to create a new Chef cookbook that runs on your target platform
- How to deal with new operating system and Chef client releases
- How to play in the world of Windows
The rise of mobile offers a once-in-a-generation chance for deeper connections with consumers because mobile is inherently intimate and always-on. Being able to reach customers at any time, on any device, allows brands to boost engagement, increase retention, and grow revenue. But with so many avenues of communication, including email, push notifications, and social, businesses run the risk of spamming users rather than communicating with each individual person in a valuable way. So, how can brands intelligently leverage the bevy of marketing channels to better understand and engage customers?
Winning brands must embrace an omnichannel engagement strategy that’s built specifically for their channel-agnostic customer base. This webinar outlines the key issues in delivering a seamless omnichannel experience and provides actionable tactics that deliver proven ROI.
* Why today’s marketing automation solutions fall short of customer expectations
* How winning omnichannel marketing strategies balance push notifications, in-app messages, email, and social communications
* Why understanding users on a person level, and not device level, is critical in mobile
* Why “Marketing” is evolving to “Communicating” and how to prepare for that transition
Doug Roberge, Strategic Services Consultant, Kahuna
Gee Chuang, CEO and Founder, Listia
Jon Cifuentes, Insight Analyst, VentureBeat
Container technologies are capturing the industry headlines right now, but they are seen mainly as a solution for Linux test-dev environments. In reality, container technology can pay big dividends for MS-SQL. Join Storage Switzerland’s George Crump and DH2i’s Carl Berglund for this interactive webinar as we explain how containers work in MS-SQL environments and detail the 3 reasons you should consider containers for your MS-SQL environment:
1. Make any SQL Server instance mobile to any infrastructure
2. Facilitate modernization of infrastructure, OS, &/or application version
3. Get near-zero downtime with simple, flexible management
CA Release Automation and Skytap Environments-as-a-Service Webinar
We’ve all seen the cooking show where the chef is showing the host a new recipe, and then “voilá!” out of the oven pops a fully baked dish, without the wait time. When multiple teams can develop, deploy and test in parallel using exact, instant clones of the target deployment environment, it’s like having one of those magic time-warp ovens for baking software releases. Discover how you can easily integrate instant cloud-based environment provisioning directly within automated application deployment workflows, and get out of the business of messing with infrastructure recipes. Join us for this webcast and learn how combining Skytap EaaS with CA’s leading Release Automation solution, you can:
. Easily harness the complexity and volume of applications, tools and environments inherent in continuous delivery
• Eliminate bottlenecks at every phase of the SLDC for faster release velocity, from the early provisioning of development infrastructure, through system, integration and acceptance testing and into production.
• Use the CA Release Automation Action Pack for Skytap EaaS to provision/delete, copy, schedule, suspend and resume Skytap cloud environments on demand.
• Use Skytap’s “golden template” capability to stamp out specified infrastructure completely within the context of the automated deployment workflow, without requiring additional coding or waiting for scripts to run.
Azure makes substantial infrastructure capabilities available to you with just a click of the mouse, but this isn't the virtualization stack you're used to. HOSTING VP of Product, Sean Bruton, will discuss the gotchas and nuances of the current Azure compute services to help you find success for production applications on Azure.
Today’s banking customers are a demanding bunch. They expect mobility, transparency, instant access, and competitive products from their providers. In response, financial institutions are hard at work optimizing online and mobile banking. However, all too often, the solutions and apps they create fall short of the mark.
At the same time, technology advancements are making it easier than ever for small, agile fintech startups to quickly turn ideas into marketable products across multiple channels, including wearables.
To compete in the digital age, banks must deliver smart, friendly technology, and they must do it quickly. The best way to do this is to partner with the experts. Leading banks and fintech firms need one another to thrive, if not survive.
Join Yodlee Interactive for a webinar hosted by VentureBeat on August 20th at 10 a.m. PT, featuring panelists Josh Gordon-Blake, SVP of Global Partnerships at Pangea, Dr. Richard M. Smith, Founder and CEO of TradeStops, and Elizabeth Gunderson, Senior Manager of Customer Success at Yodlee Interactive.
· What’s driving change in fintech
· How to prepare for the coming wave of wearable technology
· How to prepare for Generation Z
· Why collaboration is the path forward to create killer fintech applications
Don’t wait. Register now. And follow the discussion using #FintechApps on Twitter and other social media platforms.
This demo-driven session will show you different ways to integrate Salesforce, including loading SAP customer master data into Salesforce, synchronizing real time updates, creating shared services and developing an agility layer with APIs.
According to the FBI report in 2014, botnets have caused over $9 billion in losses to U.S. victims and over $110 billion in losses globally. Bots are rapidly proliferating globally at a rate of 18 machines per second. These bots are being used by organized crime to carry out website attacks such as credential stuffing attacks leading to large-scale account hijacking and widespread online fraud. Attend this webinar to learn about bots, botnets, and automated attack ecosystem from Shape’s Shuman Ghosemajumder, who is also the former head of product management for click fraud protection at Google.
Why you should attend:
- Learn about the evolving bot and botnet landscape
- Understand how bots are used to carry out website attacks and fraud
- Evaluate strategies to protect your website from bots
Kevin Knieriem, VP, Innovation Solutions, SAP, Inc. and Ray Blanchard, Sr. Director, Strategic ISV Alliances, VMware
Join SAP and VMware for this live webinar to learn how you can increase IT agility, simplify management and lower total cost of ownership when you virtualize your SAP HANA ® environment with VMware. We will discuss the new deployment options that are now available, enabling you to run your SAP HANA onsite, offsite or both – without compromise. Also, you will learn best practices for configuring and deploying SAP HANA in a virtual shared storage environment and how you can create, manage and automate new SAP HANA-based capacity on demand, enabling seamless workload mobility for your data center.
During this live webinar, we will discuss:
- Market trends and how SAP customers are transforming they way they run their workloads and data centers
- The new deployment choices for your virtualized SAP HANA environment, on vCloud Suite or newly announced vCloud® Hybrid Service™, and the benefits you can achieve from each option
- Best practices for configuring and deploying SAP HANA on VMware cloud infrastructure
- Getting started: how VMware and SAP together are helping SAP customers assess, create and adopt virtualization strategies for their SAP HANA environments
- Answers to your questions during live Q&A
Register today to learn how you can benefit from virtualizing your SAP HANA environment with VMware and transform your business.
About the presenters:
Kevin Knieriem, Vice President, Innovation Solutions, SAP, Inc.
Dominic Uliano, Virtualization and Cloud Management Practice Lead, North America, SAP, America, Inc.
Ray Blanchard, Sr. Director, Strategic ISV Alliances, VMware, Inc.
Bob Goldsand, Global Alliance Partner Architect, VMware, Inc.
Flexpod is a unified architecture solution that integrates best-in-class compute, storage and network components to deliver a pre-tested, validated, cloud-ready solution that supports SAP on VMware virtualization. In this webinar, NetApp, VMware and our joint customer, FMC Technologies, will introduce how FlexPod can accelerate deployment times up to 40% with automated provisioning in a flexible and scalable environment, simplify management using an application integrated approach for backup and recovery, and reduce risk with a pre-validated design and deployment architecture for virtualized SAP environments.
You’re ready to virtualize your organization’s SAP systems but are concerned about the impact of virtualization changes across your organization. What are the risks? What is the best way to get started?
In this session, we’ll discuss the joint VMware and SAP service and training offerings available to assist your entire organization in a successful SAP migration. Available IP material will be provided as well as delivery guidance and best practices for virtualizing SAP on VMware.
Dick Csaplar – Senior Research Analyst, Aberdeen Group
Much has been written about the benefits of virtualization. However, do these benefits apply to very large, mission critical applications such as SAP?
In November 2011, Aberdeen surveyed 100 enterprises that are using SAP to find out if they have virtualized their SAP deployment, how they did it and what benefits they received. Join us as Dick Csaplar, Senior Research Analyst for Aberdeen, shares the results of this survey and provides insights as to how enterprises are successfully virtualizing their SAP landscapes.
Although the benefits of virtualization are well established, some companies have stopped short of virtualizing their business-critical applications. Uncover the truth about how you can virtualize business-critical applications and achieve benefits such as faster migration to new hardware and faster application upgrades.
Attend this webcast to learn about:
•New capabilities in VMware vSphere® 5 to virtualize business-critical applications
•Customer case studies of companies that have virtualized Oracle and SQL
•New capabilities providing simplified disaster recovery, efficient automated operations and app security
Ray Blanchard – Sr. Director, ISV Alliances VMware; Mark Thorpe - Director, Ecosystems and Channels, SAP
SAP and VMware recently announced a strategic collaboration to develop tools and services that make it easier for you to virtualize and run SAP systems in next-generation cloud infrastructures with increasing levels of automation. Join us to learn more about the key announcements including:
• The creation of a fully virtualized SAP stack from database to applications
• New consulting and global support options to help you evaluate, design, implement, and optimize your virtualized SAP landscapes
• Extended support programs allowing you to better monitor and manage their SAP systems running on VMware
• Creation of a fully virtualized SAP "black box" to accelerate SAP deployments, help automate upgrades and reduce lifetime TCO
Learn how you can leverage this strategic partnership to accelerate your SAP virtualization journey.
Join as VMware shares cross-industry best practices for monitoring the SAP application stack while providing 5 nine’s of availability with built-in Fault Tolerance and full SAP Disaster Recovery plans.
In this session, we explore how to maximize your already-virtualized SAP landscape to proactively ensure virtual/cloud infrastructure performance, provide continuous compliance with operational and regulatory requirements, and optimize resource utilization and cost.
We will also review the best methods for integrating SAPGui into your virtualized environment for seamless and conflict-free execution on end-point devices
Finally we will share how SAP has leveraged a self-service portal to manage and deploy their own SAP install of 25k VM's.
Your Cloud. Complete Flexibility. Non-Stop Reliability.
This VMware-led webinar series will enable SAP application and infrastructure owners to understand:
1. The benefits of virtualizing SAP for both applications and infrastructure owners
2. Howto get started virtualizing SAP
3. Which partners can assist in virtualizing SAP
4. How to maximize a fully virtualized SAP landscape.