Moderator: Brandon Dunlap (Brightfly) Panelists: Chris McClean (Forrester); Tom Bolger (Methodware); Puneet Mehta (SDGC)
For many years complying with government standards and industry regulations has been seen as a check box in the lengthy list of IT security tasks. However, most recent changes in the environment and increased cyber security threats have led to a rethinking of this approach. With more than 365 security incidents reported in 2011 affecting over 126 million records, many organizations are rethinking the way they approach security, risk management, and compliance.
Technologies like virtualization, cloud computing, and social networking present companies with major opportunities to develop their businesses. However, it is important to keep one eye firmly fixed on the associated risks and businesses should be prepared for these incidents before they occur. More and more organizations realize that instead of looking at Governance, Risk, and Compliance from a centralized perspective, it is more efficient to let business operations drive these efforts as that 's where the organization's risk knowledge resides. Join this session for insights on:
* The challenges faced by senior executives in managing risk in the changing landscape.
* Successful approaches to tackle risk and its associated controls by business unit.
* Key steps to identify and address emerging risk.
* How to classify and manage unknown risk.
* Pitfalls to avoid when trying to automate risk management efforts.
* Getting the attention of executives to make sure that enough attention is being paid to the risk.
* How Compliance is tied to Risk Management in the context of business.