Cloud computing has exploded over the past few years, delivering a previously unimagined level of workplace mobility and flexibility. The cloud computing community on BrightTALK is made up of thousands of engaged professionals learning from the latest cloud computing research and resources. Join the community to expand your cloud computing knowledge and have your questions answered in live sessions with industry experts and vendor representatives.
Join Alex McDonald, SNIA Cloud Storage Initiative Chair and a member of the office of the CTO of NetApp and discover how you can effectively deliver Cloud Architectures within your, or any, infrastructure.
More and more IT organisations are facing the challenge of undertaking data center consolidation, transformation and migration due to the pressures from the business to reduce costs and improve agility, along with enabling technologies and solutions such as virtualisation and cloud. But how do we achieve this effectively?
Join Malcolm Orr for a discussion of the ideal strategies and tips, utilising the Rackspace transformation framework, to let you you easily identify the applications that can help start your business transformation and begin your journey to the Hybrid Cloud today!
In this Web Event we will share three business use cases for a chargeback solution for situations like:
• The end user which uses private or hybrid service and needs to know their Cloud costs as well as the consumption
• A budget/department manager who needs to closely monitor their staff Cloud services and costs
• An IT Cloud service architect who needs to monitor demand and costs in order to suggest price changes or introduce new services
We will show how chargeback and show back help recover costs for IT resources, how role-based control drives cost transparency and how this simple solution is key to chargeback success and buy-in from business users and IT administrators.
Cisco introduces VMDC DCI solution which provides validated design to ensure high availability and performance for applications across Metro and Geo data centers. This solution unlocks Business continuity and stateful workload mobility which is top of mind for both public and private cloud providers to connect multiple data centers to support Business Critical operations.
Whilst not every organisation may be a target of an APT or targeted attack, it’s important that all companies large or small understand these attacks as a way to help build stronger defences against the constantly changing threat landscape.
· Symantec blocked a total of over 5.5 billion malware attacks in 2011, an 81% increase over 2010.
· In 2012 the number of Web based attacks increased by 1/3 with approximately 247,350 Web-based attacks were blocked each day.
· 5291 New Vulnerabilities were discovered in 2012
· Spam accounts for 69% of all email and one in 414 emails are from phishers
All security and IT professional need to understand the new reality classic textbook protections may well not be enough. Join Symantec Website Security solutions to understand how you can protect your websites from vulnerabilities and malware and how SSL can prevent your company and your customers.
Are you involved or want to be involved in MDM or PIM projects? Then come to MDM Day and Informatica World – learn best practices from successful customers, interact with architects, product managers, and developers who build MDM and PIM products.
MDM enthusiasts can enjoy two co-joined events – (1) MDM Day on May 12, and (2) MDM Sessions at Informatica World from May 13 to 15. Our sessions will include:
-Presentations by customers of their MDM and PIM experiences, best practices presentations
-Demonstrations of our latest release functionality, an overview of our planned roadmap of future releases, and breakout sessions for in-depth discussions
-Customer, product, multidomain MDM, and on-premise, cloud and hybrid MDM
-Informatica MDM executives and experts—the very people who develop and implement the product
Come to this webinar to learn which customers are speaking, what’s on the agenda, and what will be demoed.
Android smartphones provide amazing connectivity and convenience but this accessibility and customization but can come at the price of personal security. Mobile security software can provide the safeguards you need for your device and information.
Join us for a 30-minute live session every Friday, where we’ll tour the RingCentral interface, discuss the latest innovations and features available on the RingCentral platform, and share best practices on leveraging cloud communications for your business. This session features a live demo of RingCentral Office and an open Q&A session led by a Sales Engineer. This week tune in and learn how your employees can hold multi-point HD video meetings around the world, anytime and anywhere with RingCentral Meetings.
March Madness can stress your network and create opportunities for someone to exploit your vulnerabilities. Being aware of the threats can help prepare for them to keep your network sane and secure.
What You Will Learn:
1. you can achieve a deeper level of security by being aware what is happening on your network.
2. be aware of how you access the games, use secure connections
3. Keeping your applications and firewall up to date can help you keep secure.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) vous permet d'exécuter vos applications dans le cloud en toute simplicité. Dans le webinaire auquel nous vous proposons de participer aujourd’hui, nous allons vous montrer comment lancer votre première machine virtuelle dans le cloud. Nous détaillerons les sujets suivants : comment démarrer et se connecter à son serveur virtuel, comment le sauvegarder et le restaurer, comment le surveiller, comment mettre en place des alertes fondées sur les résultats et comment utiliser la solution de stockage Amazon S3 pour rendre les fichiers disponibles sur Internet. Tous ces points seront illustrés par des démonstrations et nous terminerons le webinaire par une session de questions/réponses.
• Apprenez comment démarrer et se connecter à votre première machine virtuelle AWS
• Apprenez comment sauvegarder et restaurer une machine virtuelle AWS
• Apprenez à configurer une alerte sur les performances de votre machine virtuelle AWS
• Apprenez comment stocker et partager des fichiers sur Internet avec AWS
• Pour toute personne pour qui le Cloud Computing est nouveau et qui recherche des informations concernant AWS
• Pour tous les chefs d’entreprise et les managers qui souhaitent acquérir une meilleure compréhension de la technologie Cloud
• Pour les professionnels de l’informatique, les développeurs et testeurs, responsables d’information et les architectes, qui souhaitent découvrir les bases de la plateforme AWS
ESET security researcher Lysa Myers reports on developments in healthcare IT system security that she observed attending the recent HIMSS conference in Orlando. Find out what is being done to better protect patient data privacy.
Do you have visibility into all the applications running on your network, their traffic patterns and bandwidth consumption? For critical business services and applications it is essential to understand exactly how your network is being used and to effectively manage resources to meet availability and performance expectations.
Join Wilson Leong, Sr Principal Consultant at CA Technologies on this webcast, to learn how the CA Network Flow Analysis (NFA) solution provides you the capability to understand how, what and where network traffic is flowing across your production environment to ensure you:
• Solve performance problems faster with complete visibility of network consumption
• Optimise the network infrastructure for application performance with effective workload scheduling and QoS policies
• Make more-informed infrastructure investments by understanding the impact of application rollouts and future capacity requirements
By extending your data center with cloud resources, it can become more flexible, more scalable and more elastic. But how can it be done?
In this webinar, we give an overview of network and connectivity options, from Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to VPN and Direct Connect. We will also talk about use cases like backup and archiving or disaster recovery
The word cloud is much over used, and the debate continues as to whether it should be cloud, or cloud computing. In either case, the main focus is on how the cloud computing market is evolving and where should enterprise customers invest their money? Ovum has conducted many surveys and the results indicate the move toward hybrid cloud computing is fast becoming the top choice for many enterprise customers.
Join Roy Illsley for this webinar and discover why cloud computing is evolving and how it fits in with a wider IT transformation agenda. Roy will share the results of Ovum's latest global adoption survey and discuss the importance of the findings. The key adjacent technologies and the impact on cloud computing will also be explored. Attend and learn how you can put IT transformation and cloud computing in to context.
The Open Data Center Alliance Cloud Maturity Model (CMM) provides an end-to-end visualization for how the use of cloud in the enterprise develops over time (adoption roadmap) and how the enterprise’s ability to adopt cloud-based services within defined governance and control parameters increases.
As it matures, the use of cloud becomes more sophisticated, comprehensive, and optimized. The CMM plots the progression of structured cloud service integration from a baseline of no cloud use through five progressive levels of maturity.
This presentation will walk attendees through the maturity model that the ODCA has developed and how they can apply this model to their organization creating a comprehensive plan to fully integrate cloud into their operations.
The Infrastructure as a Service space is rapidly expanding, but is it evolving to meet your needs? Google Compute Engine was designed to help users build, scale, and analyze quickly on the same infrastructure that powers the most advanced and innovative technology in the world. Learn what happens when the cloud gets a little more Googley.
There are a myriad options to choose from in creating a private, hybrid-enabled cloud. You need a solution that gets your organization to a running cloud, delivering value in the shortest time possible and with the openness to build on value in the future. This session will show you how to fast track building and managing a hybrid-enabled cloud that leverages OpenStack technology and cloud best practices with the next generation of HP CloudSystem.
Join us to learn:
- The benefits of building your cloud with OpenStack technology
- How to leverage the benefits of OpenStack technology without all the complexity
- Ways to build your cloud in just hours, even with diverse platforms
- Best practices for cloud services portals that speed productivity and hybrid application delivery
- How to simplify cloud resource and infrastructure management into one seamless view
Hybrid Cloud seems to many to be the obvious choice. No as insecure or inefficient as public cloud, nor as expensive or restrictive as private cloud. Yet is it really all its hyped up to be? And what of the alternatives?
Join this expert panel as they discuss:
- Is your cloud truly private? Is it truly Hybrid?
- Is virtualisation masquerading as the cloud?
- As companies abandon their private clouds, is public the future?
- Is 2014 the year of Hybrid?
- Is Hybrid getting smarter? Is hardware catching up?
Attend this interactive session, ask your questions, voice your opinion and discover whether Hybrid cloud will truly be the future for your organisation, or just a load of hot air.
Hybrid cloud technologies are transforming the way we deliver applications to customers and employees, but organisations continue to have challenges connecting customers to applications and content. Global customers suffer from network latencies and bottlenecks which impact the user experience. Furthermore, in the race to build out high-performance applications, enterprises often buy more compute capacity than they need, because it is difficult to predict the rate of customer adoption, leading to high costs and inflexible infrastructure.
Join Paul Wallace of Riverbed Technology, and learn how to:
* Right-size your cloud resources and keep control of your costs
* Turn distance and location into a competitive advantage
* Mobilise your cloud with the industry's first ADC-as-a-Service solution
It is no secret, comprehensive mobile application testing is the business-critical last mile on the road to success.
However the testing for multi-platform application presents businesses with a number of serious challenges that can affect product quality, time-to-market, and profitability.
Various mobile test automation approaches have evolved recently - from unit, image, instruments, object based test automation to hybrid.
Join this webinar to get current view and future trends in mobile test automation.
We will talk about:
•Mobile test automation challenges
•Evolution of test automation challenges from unit tests to image based and object comparison methods
•Impetus solution approach for comprehensive mobile testing automation
Join us for our Intro to Box series, a monthly discussion of the latest in
the world of enterprise IT, content collaboration, cloud technology, and Box.
We'll cover an overview of Box, how businesses like yours are changing the
way they work with Box and other cloud technologies, and walk through a
demo of the latest and greatest in the product. The sessions will be led by
Box product experts, and you might even get a guest appearance from one of
our fearless leaders.
Today’s Service Providers have unique technology business needs.
The technology in your data center can position you to address these needs and help you stay nimble and competitive.
Join us on March 12, to hear from today’s leading technology providers who understand the unique needs of an MSP. Hear from a speaker panel of experts who understand the MSP space and how technology can help you stay relevant and a step ahead of the competition.
Experts from global IT companies IBM and Insight will talk about:
· How technology can help MSP’s compete, grow and differentiate
· The resources, programs and sourcing options to make leading technology more accessible
· The latest technology solutions that address the unique IT needs of Managed Service Providers
Do not be scared of clouds, be prepared, learning about options, identify concerns so that they can be addressed. Hybrid clouds provide an approach to bridge the gap, enable a phased transformation or deployment, or simply allowing you to have a cloud your way for your requirements. This cloud conversations discussion will look at what hybrid as well as community clouds are from a technology, product, service as well as management paradigm perspective. As part of our conversation, we will look at your options and how you can use hybrid clouds in hybrid deployment scenarios to meet your different needs, not to mention addressing your cloud concerns.
- Why hybrids make sense for many environments
- What are your cloud concerns and how to address with hybrid clouds
- Hybrid cloud deployments and hybrid environments
- Differences between hard products (hardware, software, services) and soft products (what you do with hard products)
- Hybrid use of clouds, hybrid spanning environments for compute, application, storage and other scenarios
- Hybrid across AaaS/SaaS, PaaS and IaaS consumption and usage models
- How to determine when, where, why and how a hybrid cloud is in your future
- Addresses control, concerns, costs, comfort, confidence and other things
-What’s involved in deploying or using a hybrid cloud
- Using hybrid clouds to have and deploy clouds to meet your needs
Join us for this short monthly webinar, in which we will provide you with the latest updates and insights into the constantly evolving online threat landscape. Using information sources such as the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, we will help you understand how you can continue to protect your company and your infrastructure.
The goal is simple: to make the Internet safer to transact business – for you, your customers and everyone else with whom you interact online.