Mike Pennacchi – Owner, Network Protocol Specialists, LLC.
Network security is on the top of every network administrator’s mind. While firewalls and intrusion detection devices do a good job of blocking threats from the outside, it is necessary to have a tool that can easily be moved around the network. Such a tool can be used to monitor the conversations to and from a device, as well as monitoring the wireless network.
Read more >
That is where the OptiView XG comes in. Join us for this webinar introducing this single, self-contained tablet, that provides the ability to monitor both wired and wireless networks, analyze the traffic, and provide visibility into potential threats. The OptiView XG has integrated tools and runs the Windows operating system, allowing additional security tools to be loaded.
In this webinar, we will explore how you can use OptiView XG to:
- Get in-line, monitor conversations to/from devices
- Capture wired packets at full line rate
- Export discovered device information to importable files
- Monitor the 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless frequencies, identifying devices such as wireless cameras
- Perform site surveys, which may be used to identify rogue networks and access points
- Compare actual wireless network with a predefined policy
- Create reports, detailing the policy violations
About the presenter:
Mike Pennacchi is the founder and owner of Network Protocol Specialists, LLC. For the last 20 years, Mike has been traveling the world teaching classes on network troubleshooting and analysis. When he is not teaching classes on network troubleshooting, Mike is using the OptiView XG to troubleshooting critical network problems for his clients. The methods and procedures used to troubleshoot these problems is then brought back into the classroom, to ensure the students are getting timely and accurate information.