Winston Bumpus, DMTF; George Ericson, EMC; Josh Cohen, Microsoft; Mark Carlson, Oracle; Jim Davis, WBEM Solutions
In this mashup of video interviews, presenters from a mix of vendors and associations discuss why cloud is such a dramatic paradigm change, what will drive its adoption, and what vendors and users need to be wary of. Tune in to hear them address questions including:
- What's the conversation in the board room as you're trying to get cloud budget?
- Is cloud computing better for some organizations than others?
- Which questions should you have asked your vendors while doing research?
- How do you avoid "vendor lock-in" and do you need a cloud exit strategy?
- Does interoperability lead to commoditization of cloud services?
- What should vendors do to push the cloud forward? How will it change?
- What do we have to look forward to and what should we brace ourselves for?