Phil Taylor, China Law & Practice
China Law & Practice editor Phil Taylor speaks exclusively with Ferheen Mahomed, regional general counsel for Asia at Societe Generale, whose team recently won CLP’s 2009 International In-house Team of the Year award.
During the interview, Phil and Ferheen will discuss:
* The in-house legal function at Société Générale - its future and its main areas of focus
* How the team instructs and works with external counsel
* The bank's recent China Awards win and its impressive achievement of the establishment of a wholly-owned subsidiary bank and localisation of its businesses despite a lack of relevant legislation
* The legal and regulatory issues facing foreign banks in China
* The next 12 months and a wish list for regulatory reform