Paolo Bertoldi, European Commission DG JRC, Institute for Energy and Transport
- To raise awareness among managers, owners, investors, with targeted information and material on the opportunity to improve efficiency.
- To provide an open process and forum for discussion representing European stakeholder requirements.
- To create and provide an enabling tool for industry to implement cost-effective energy saving opportunities
- To develop a set of easily understood metrics to measure the current efficiencies and improvement.
- To produce a common set of principles in harmonisation with other international initiatives.
- To support procurement, by providing criteria for equipment (based on the Energy Star Programme specifications, when available, and other Codes of Conducts), and best practice recommendation for complex systems.