The US economy has a history of adaptability. Will the US once again bounce back from the post credit crisis depression and lead the recovery in the Western world? Which sectors and companies are likely to benefit over the coming months and years?
Join Thornburg Investment Management's Ed Maran and Connor Browne, Fund Managers of the Investec American Funds, for their views on the American market and an update of how the Investec American Funds are positioned for the current market conditions.
RecordedMar 30 201043 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
In his latest webcast, Portfolio Manager Alastair Mundy will discuss the latest investment opportunities he is identifying through his bottom-up contrarian investment approach. He will also discuss the latest positioning of the Investec Cautious Managed and UK Special Situations Funds
Co-Portfolio Manager, Philip Saunders will discuss the macro outlook, the prospects for asset classes in uncertain markets and the latest performance and positioning of the Investec Multi-Asset Protector Fund.
An update from Alastair Mundy on the Investec Cautious Managed Fund
- Performance update
- The Fund has outperformed the IMA Cautious Managed sector in both bull and bear markets over the last 10 years(1)
- Asset allocation and holdings
- Current portfolio breakdown
- The market is clearly cheap...or is it?
- Sovereign risk remains centre stage
- A rolling Euro crisis or a wake-up call to complacent governments?
- The rocovery is faltering, but steady, subdued global growth seems likely
- Has the equity rally ran out of steam?
- The US response - will November's mid term elections be the catalyst for fiscal restraint
- The selective opportunities offered by emerging market debt