UK OEIC: Investec UK Special Situations Fund Update
With a hard hitting budget, Eurozone political concerns and environmental events to name but a few it is fair to say that we are living with uncertain markets. Hear the views of a true contrarian investor who thrives on uncertainty. Alastair Mundy and his team have been a tower of strength through bull, bear and even flat markets.
To find out how the Morningstar UK Equity Fund Manager of the Year is aiming to take advantage of the current climate, and to put your questions to him, register for the Investec UK Special Situations webcast.
RecordedJul 15 201038 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
In his latest webcast, Portfolio Manager Alastair Mundy will discuss the latest investment opportunities he is identifying through his bottom-up contrarian investment approach. He will also discuss the latest positioning of the Investec Cautious Managed and UK Special Situations Funds
Co-Portfolio Manager, Philip Saunders will discuss the macro outlook, the prospects for asset classes in uncertain markets and the latest performance and positioning of the Investec Multi-Asset Protector Fund.
An update from Alastair Mundy on the Investec Cautious Managed Fund
- Performance update
- The Fund has outperformed the IMA Cautious Managed sector in both bull and bear markets over the last 10 years(1)
- Asset allocation and holdings
- Current portfolio breakdown
- The market is clearly cheap...or is it?
- Sovereign risk remains centre stage
- A rolling Euro crisis or a wake-up call to complacent governments?
- The rocovery is faltering, but steady, subdued global growth seems likely
- Has the equity rally ran out of steam?
- The US response - will November's mid term elections be the catalyst for fiscal restraint
- The selective opportunities offered by emerging market debt