Best Advice: Closed-end Fund Forum
"Looking Forward to 2012 - How Might Investment Trusts Perform in the Year Ahead?"
Hear from a panel of experts as they look at how Closed-end Funds (or Investment Trusts) might fare in 2012, demystifying these funds and sharing valuable insights on how they coped with the difficult conditions that faced investors in 2011.
They will be discussing the likely influences on performance as the year progresses, how investor appetite is shaping up and if the fact that wealth managers are more likely to use closed-end funds than IFAs gives them an edge. The panelists will also discuss whether, under RDR, Investment Trusts are a better option for advisers than alternatives, such as open-ended funds.
They will explore:
- How managers are coping with the vicissitudes of the market
- Whether the closed end structure will help in the search for income
- What the sector might have in store for the year ahead
This session will be led by well-known IFA commentator on investment issues, Brian Tora. He will be joined by:
- Christopher Brown, J.P.Morgan Cazenove
- Simon Elliott, Winterflood Securities
- Charles Cade, Numis Securities Limited
- Jeremy Tigue, F&C Investments.