Professor Harold McNair
The first activity in the Year of Education is a series of free educational webinars, run in conjunction by separationsNOW and Chromedia. In the first webinar, Professor Harold McNair gives an interactive lecture on the basics of gas chromatography.
This first webinar is intended for persons who:
* Use chromatography and would like to revisit the basics of GC.
* Have a little knowledge and would like to learn more!
Some knowledge of general and organic chemistry is assumed. The webinar should prove useful to technicians, students, graduate students, PhDs and even professors planning to work with GC.
Topics to be discussed are:
* Definitions of GC
* Separation principles
* Advantages and limitations of GC
* Basic instrumental components of a GC
* Capillary columns
* Three detectors: FID,TCD and ECD