Scott Wisniewksi (Managing Director, Protiviti), James Ensminger (Associate Director, Protiviti)
The Dodd Frank Act is part of a broader regulatory reform theme that requires compliance with specific rules and regulations as well as improvement of overall risk management practices. Financial institutions are at various mile markers on the road toward implementing the policies and practices that will help them achieve risk and compliance goals.
For those who have not started, critical questions include:
• Do we know everything we need to do?
• Where do we start?
• How do we get it all done?
• When do we need to complete it by?
For those who have started, the questions remain:
• Have requirements changed?
• What have we done so far?
• Can we efficiently communicate it?
• Can we easily repeat it?
• How does it all fit into the bigger picture?
In this session, we will address the above questions by providing practical insights regarding key elements of the compliance road map including:
• Rule sourcing and inventorying
• Work plan development and rationalization
• Rule mapping
• Regulatory update management
• Project management and accountability tracking
• Regulatory reporting
• Incorporation into enterprise risk and compliance framework