Randy Franklin Smith & Sridhar Karnam, Product Marketing Manager, HP Enterprise Security Products
Big Data security analytics (BDSA) is the subject of exuberant predictions, and some claim it will replace SIEM. However, Gartner analyst, Anton Chuvakin points out that no available BDSA solutions have yet come close to these speculations.
Hype aside, however, it is clear that the principles of BDSA are the key to advanced security intelligence, and that Big Data requirements are nothing new to SIEM technology.
Join Sri Karnam of HP for this webinar and learn five important facts about BDSA:
1. There’s More to Big Data than “Big.”
2. There’s more to BDSA than technology.
3. BDSA has to happen in real time.
4. There’s a risk that data silos will persist in Big Data repositories.
5. The “3 Vs” of Big Data—volume, velocity, and variety—are not new to SIEM.
Karman will show you how Enterprise SIEMs have been dealing with the challenges of the 3 Vs in security data for years, and how HP ArcSight SIEM solutions can give you BDSA specialized for event data and can support additional information types that you can use for the detection of real-time threats.