Get powerful human resource management insights for your business. Connect with experts and colleagues to get the most up-to-date knowledge on which HR practices and strategies have been shown to be effective in retaining and growing talent.
DecisionWise will help you understand how to create an engaged workforce. This is the age of the employee, and the majority of organizations are failing to meet their employee's expectations, why?
The authors of the best selling book The Employee Experience will share best practices for improving the employee experience and creating engaged employees in your organization.
What you can expect to learn:
--What are the different contracts we make with our employees can lead to expectation misalignment.
--The difference between the Employee Experience and Employee Engagement
--Company maturity impacts your employee experience strategy.
--Market trends that may impact the employee experience
All attendees will receive a free book signed by the authors.
Dr. Tracy Maylett: Tracy's business, coaching, and consulting background extends over a period of two decades and across five continents.Tracy is the Chief Executive Officer of DecisionWise, and is responsible for guiding the overall strategy of DecisionWise, as well as leading large-scale change efforts for clients throughout the globe.
Matt Wride, JD:As DecisionWise’s Chief Operating Officer and executive consultant, Matt oversees the company’s operations, as well as its finance, legal, and administrative functions. He consults with executives around the globe on creating employee engagement at the organizational, team, and individual levels.
How Southern Glazer’s Modernized Benefits Enrollment and Ensured a Smooth Transition to SAP SuccessFactors Solutions
What You'll Learn
After a 2016 merge, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits (SGWS) faced the challenging task of harmonizing their employee benefit processes. Their existing paper-driven and SAP Employee Self-Services (ESS) Benefits Enrollment processes needed to be modernized quickly into a unified benefits enrollment experience. To achieve this goal, the enrollment experience would need to include personalized benefits communications to guide employees intuitively through their new benefits offerings, including on a mobile device.
With the 2017 Open Enrollment period on the horizon and SAP SuccessFactors Talent module implementations underway, this new enrollment experience had to be implemented quickly with minimal disruption and fit into their future SAP SuccessFactors roadmap.
Join this session to learn how SGWS deployed a modern, mobile employee enrollment for SAP Benefits Administration to eliminate paper forms, address issues with their existing ESS Benefits Enrollment experience and positioned them for a smooth transition to SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
• Learn how to enable mobile enrollments for SAP Benefits Administration in as little as 8 weeks
• Deliver personalized benefits communications videos and content during the enrollment process
• Eliminate paper forms allowing employees to initiate life event and provide supporting documentation and photos
• Future proof your employee benefits as you move to SAP SuccessFactors solutions
AI, Google for Jobs and More: Talent Acquisition Trends You Need to Focus on in 2018 (And Buzzwords to Ignore)
Artificial intelligence, Google for Jobs and other hot topics are dominating conversations across the recruitment industry. But at the end of the day, do they really impact your business?
With new recruitment trends popping up all the time, you need to know which ones are worth getting behind — and which fleeting ones you can afford to ignore. Most importantly, you need to be able to cut through the noise and align your business around strategies that will position you firmly ahead of your competition in 2018 and beyond.
Talent acquisition experts Tim Sackett and Kris Dunn will join CareerBuilder’s Scott Helmes to help you determine which recruitment trends are worth getting behind and where you need to invest more time and resources in the coming year.
You will learn:
• Tips on how to position your business to have the best staffing and recruiting year ever in 2018
• Insights on key talent acquisition and staffing trends — and how they will impact your business
• Strategies to be more efficient and productive so you can show 2018 who’s boss
• Why you should be excited about the trends, but can’t forget about the recruitment basics
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) represents the most important data protection regulation change in 20 years. All companies processing and holding the personal data of subjects residing in the EU must comply once it comes into effect on 25 May 2018, regardless of location.
One of the biggest changes is around obtaining consent to use personal data. The new requirements not only impact how businesses attain and renew consent but also introduce the need to record the details for auditing purposes.
Hear from Phil Lee, Partner at Fieldfisher, who will discuss the key changes under the GDPR, the challenges facing businesses, and how digital tools like eSignatures can streamline your compliance.
Join this webinar to understand:
- The impacts of the GDPR on businesses
- How to obtain and record consent in a compliant manner
- How to re-procure suppliers with contracts that contain the terms of the GDPR
- How digital tools can be part of a GDPR solution
Effective order management is critical in a digitized business environment where customers expect a personalized, seamless, real-time experience across all devices and channels — and where competitors are only a click away. Organizations running SAP solutions have comprehensive functionality available to them for managing the entire order management life cycle. But how do they ensure they are using these features to their full potential to create an optimal customer experience?
In this webinar, learn how SAP customer Gerdau enabled quick and efficient selling processes in its SAP environment using OMS+ for order management and point of sale solution for SAP customers that integrates with standard SAP sales functionality. Topics include:
• Enhancing sales order accuracy and efficiency
• Simplifying complex sales process scenarios
• Improving customer satisfaction
- David Sacks, Sr. Director, Platform Partner Ecosystem, SAP
- Jon Olson, Director of Customer Service, Gerdau
- Ron Votto, Sales Director, DataXstream LLC
Are you self-aware – and if you aren’t, does it matter? In this webcast we will show why self-awareness is important, discuss the benefits of being self-aware, and show how you could increase your self-awareness. Building on OPP’s latest research, we will help you to understand the facets of self-awareness and how these relate to MBTI personality type.
Smart sales organizations capitalize on every available opportunities to improve sales talent management. One often under recognized contributor is sales operations. Sales ops departments contribute mightily to salesperson effectiveness, job satisfaction, and sense of engagement.
Watch this webinar, "Sales Operations' Impact on Sales Talent Management," to learn how sales ops can help maintain and retain top sales talent in an organization through better training, coaching, and processes. You will also hear how DocuSign helps internal sales teams onboard faster.
Attend this Women's Society of Cyberjutsu webinar to discover how you can fully maximize your Linked profile to be found for the right opportunities. Learn how to customize your URL and why keywords impact your headline, summary and skills sections. Understand the importance of having visual elements and expressing your true brand on your profile.
About the Speaker:
Combining her expertise in career counseling, human resources, workforce development and training facilitation, Paula Brand has inspired hundreds of women to take charge of their careers. She speaks to groups and provides individual career coaching on using LinkedIn effectively, managing a successful career and going through career transitions. Past organizational clients include the World Bank, NIH/NIAID, the Johns Hopkins University SAIS program and the Penn Wharton Public Policy Initiative.
Her education includes a Master’s Degree in Applied Psychology from the University of Baltimore, a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and three industry certifications including: Global Career Development Facilitator, Certified Professional Résumé Writer and Job and Career Transition Coach.
Paula is involved in professional associations and is a past President of the Maryland Career Development Association (MCDA). In 2014, she received the Professional Contributions Award from the Middle Atlantic Career Counseling Association (MACCA) and MCDA’s Outstanding Career Practitioner Award.
Strategy activation is all about eliminating the gap between development & execution. We've partnered with AchieveIt to deliver a webinar that discusses what it takes to truly drive transformation & how leaders can gain the ability to make proactive, effective decisions.
Looking for an easy tool for Lead Generation? Want to search and analyze online jobs and turn them into usable data? You can with Jobfeed! See for yourself the advantages of this huge online job database. The advanced search technology and detailed up-to-date knowledge of the job market makes Jobfeed a valuable information source, analysis resource and acquisition tool.
Jobfeed helps you discover:
• Companies who are hiring
• Hard-to-fill jobs
• Staffing need of prospects
• Competitor behavior
• Labor market intelligence
Organizations that manage a shift-based (and hourly) workforce must contend with complex scheduling rules including labor laws and labor agreements. With more states and even cities supplementing US Labor laws, it can be difficult to keep up with all the changes. Many of these laws impact overtime pay, required break periods, and employee rights around a more predictable schedule–which can significantly increase your labor costs. By understanding labor laws, you can create better employee schedules, reduce overtime, and ensure compliance.
In this webinar, you will learn:
• What is driving changes to labor laws in states and cities across the US
• What are the key labor laws that affect employee scheduling
• How technology can help you automate and create better schedules
We will also provide some practical examples to help you understand the complexity of California, Washington, Seattle, and San Francisco labor laws. These same examples are often found in collective bargaining agreements (CBAs).
About the presenter:
Dorothy Pults recently completed a significant research project on US and International Labor Laws and GDPR compliance implications for scheduling shift-based (hourly) workforce. Dorothy has held leadership roles in engineering, product management and product marketing at fast growing companies including EMC, Limelight Networks and F5 Networks drive record customer growth and is recognized for her work aligning products to meet the unique needs of customers.
How can women best position themselves to navigate today's digital workplace, grow their sphere of influence and maximize career growth. This interactive Webcam Panel session in the "Women in Tech" series showcases the journeys of inspirational women who have advanced their careers in tech in innovative and standout ways.
- Sandy Atwell, Board of Directors, UCX and VP of Business Development, Calgary Scientific
- Kelly Ireland, CEO and Founder of CB Technologies
- Laura Fucci, CIO of City of Henderson
- Jocelyn DeGance Graham, Founder, CloudNOW
From Mock Conversion And Beyond: Ensure Your HCM Data Is Clean, Accurate, and Protected in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
What You'll Learn
HR and IT executives understand the importance of clean, accurate, and protected personal data. You are often responsible for thousands of employee records and communication across multiple geographic boundaries. Data quality, privacy, and data security is the foundation of a successful HCM cloud migration.
As your organization plans for its upcoming SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central conversion, or if you are in the throes of migration, attend this session to understand how you can hit project timelines easily while making sure your data is clean and secure.
Join this webinar and learn:
• How to enhance governance and insight into the quality of your HR data
• Tips to improve data quality to proactively reduce issues in payroll or other downstream systems
• How to protect sensitive employee data residing in testing environments and comply with data privacy laws
• How to address data maintenance by performing mass changes in SAP SuccessFactors using one single, pre-defined template
Forget the war for talent, with the right know-how it’s always possible to find the right people. What you’re really fighting for now is attention. Do you deserve it? Does your company?
Watch this on-demand webinar to hear from Social Recruiting Expert Katrina Collier to:
- See how technology can open the door to your company and how it impacts hiring.
- See real examples and discover simple (and free) changes that improve your social recruiting efforts immediately.
- Discover how easily you can use employee-generated content to attract great people.
The employee survey came back with some concerning numbers. The managers with employees who are less engaged need to figure out how to turn it around... But where should they begin? How can you help them pinpoint the changes needed and to move away from externalizing the blame? Join me to talk about some practical support you can offer.
Workplace injuries and grievances have a major impact on organizational risk management and can negatively affect a company’s bottom line. In this webinar, learn about Incident and Grievance Management solutions that enable workplace compliance with industry standard forms, automated workflows, seniority rules and analytical reporting.
Explore how to facilitate OSHA compliance and integrated grievance processing with online maintenance of CBAs using SAP SuccessFactors extensions. Adopt standard and scalable technologies with agile innovations leveraging SAP’s Platform as a Service – SAP Cloud Platform
You will learn how to:
• Positively impact organizational integrity with transparent information tracking for grievance steps, bargaining, and arbitration processes
• Greatly reduce workplace risk with OSHA/WSIB compliant H&S incident reporting, investigation workflow, and root-cause analysis
• Improve efficiency with the online maintenance of CBAs and dynamic calculation engines for seniority rules
• Enhance trust by collaborating between service centers, business partners, and labor relations CoEs with real-time information
Pharmacovigilance evolution is being driven by complexity and technology. Major trends are shaping the industry and the PV function — success will be enabled by moving from a reactive approach to one that is more proactive, evidence-based, and patient-centric, which can address complexity, evolving regulations, and emerging technology.
In this webinar, learn about a high-performance, evidence-based safety platform, built on SAP, that meets these challenges. Modular for flexible deployment options and inter-operable for exponential value, this platform will help you achieve:
• Improved compliance, reduced cost, and improved patient outcomes across the PV lifecycle
• Insight at the point of decision
• Cognitive, flexible workflow and configuration
• Embedded on-demand analytics
• Collaboration capabilities in a seamless user experience
- George Pushchinsky, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting, LLP, has over 15 years of experience working with software products and consulting for Technology and Wireless companies. He has developed product and platform go to market strategies, designed platform architectures, and developed data analytics products.
- Joe Miles was appointed Global Vice President of Life Sciences at SAP in June 2013. In this role, he leads the Life Sciences industry with a strong focus on helping customers digitally transform their business models to create incremental value while maintaining compliance to global regulations. Joe has worked with leading Life Sciences companies from every region of the world, leveraging technology to chart a path of growth in their global markets. He drives strong collaboration across the health sciences ecosystem that transcends the traditional industry segments.
The Pension Protection Fund (PPF) released a consultation on 27 September 2017, setting out draft rules for the PPF levy and significant changes on the way this will be calculated. The changes are designed to improve the fairness of the levy, but will inevitably lead to winners and losers and for some schemes, the change in levy will be very significant.
We’ll be looking at the impact of the PPF’s proposals and what actions trustees and employers can take to reduce their levy.
Join us at our next Career Conversations with Women in Cyber Security session. This webinar gives WSC members the opportunity to connect with female career professionals. We'll discuss topics such as: what made them decide on IT or Cyber Security, what were some of their work/life challenges, and what skills and education do they see as essential to success?
Whether you are an experienced professional or just contemplating a future in Cyber Security, WSC's Career Conversations allows you to have a conversation with women making a difference. Join us and share in Career Conversations with successful women in cyber security!
Featured Guest: Leslie Taylor, Recruiter Lead for ICF International
Jessica Gulick, VP of the Women's Society of Cyberjutsu board will moderate discussions.
About the Speaker:
Leslie Taylor is the Recruiting Lead at ICF and Recruiting lead for their Enterprise Cyber Security Division. She is a member of Leadership Fairfax and has a master’s degree in Human Resources. She has spoken at numerous Cyber and Recruiting conferences to include Cyber Montgomery, CyberMD, and numerous Recruiting events. Leslie Taylor has more than 15 years of experience in IT, cleared, cybersecurity and military recruiting. She is an active member in several professional associations and leverages participation in a variety of IT/cyber, university/college, association and military career fairs and networking events. Leslie primarily recruits for opportunities on a national scale. She plays an integral role in recruiting for a wide range of skills and talent to include Software Developers, Network Analysts, Programmers, Cyber Specialists, Homeland Security, Emergency Management and Program Managers that provide the following services to our clients.
You’ve heard “Do more with less” a lot over the last decade. But as teams get leaner, the talent marketplace is becoming more competitive. It’s a candidate marketplace and that’s why it’s now more important than ever to find, engage and hire talent as efficiently—and effectively—as possible.
Join us October 17 at 1 p.m. EST for our latest webinar: How Automation Is Enabling Lean HR Teams To Be More Productive.
Elizabeth Schillo, VP of Sales at CareerBuilder, and Jack Gehrke, Solutions Architect at CareerBuilder, will share strategies for attracting, engaging and hiring the best candidates in the least amount of time.
In the webinar, you’ll understand:
• Trends that are affecting the HR industry and how you can prepare now to upcoming changes.
• How to stay ahead of competitors in this ultra-competitive talent market.
• Strategies lean HR teams can use to attract, engage and hire top talent.
• Where to make investments in automation to create better efficiencies in your recruitment process.
You will also get a first-look at CareerBuilder’s latest recruitment solution for staffing and recruitment leaders.
There has never been a bigger focus on branding and messaging in talent acquisition than right now. Why? Because people no longer want to work for a company – they choose instead to work with a company.
In this webinar, discover how to stand out from the competition and get the right people to apply to your jobs with content. Tune in to learn:
- The stages of the recruitment funnel and content you can use in each
- Real examples of effective content for every stage
- How to create and curate your own content
- How content fuels your talent acquisition efforts
It’s impossible to retain top talent if they never make it onboard!
Over one third of employers report losing candidates because of a bad background screening process. In a competitive labor market, even the slightest hitch in the hiring process can lead to a poor candidate experience and lost hires. In contrast, well implemented background screens can improve the candidate experience, reduce risky hires, and lead to reduced turnover.
You will learn:
-Why background screening is critical to the candidate experience
-What to look for when selecting and implementing a background screening provider
-How background screening can impact your overall employer brand and improve retention rates
It’s time to make the shift from an inbound recruiting strategy to the new school of recruiting and continuous candidate engagement. The foundation of new school recruiting is data and its emergence as the strategic differentiator in recruiting (just like it is in Marketing).
Join us on Tuesday, October 10 as Jobvite’s Rachel Bitte, Chief People Officer, and Matt Singer, VP of Marketing, discuss the evolution of recruiting, its parallels with marketing, and how to leverage data in transforming the recruiting culture within your organization from episodic recruiting to continuous candidate engagement. Key takeaways from the webinar include:
-Understanding your funnel and how it compares to industry benchmarks
-Adjusting to the market shift from a recruiter-based strategy to a candidate-based strategy
-Driving that change management across your organization
-Tracking your success with peers, management, and your executive team
Employees are the backbone of every organization and managers know that. When the focus is on getting new customers, creating new revenue streams, making a profit and being innovation - who has time to make employees happy. Aren’t they here to do a job anyway? Well yes, but they still need to know they make a difference. In this program, we’ll look at how happy employees can support your corporate initiatives and actually give you time back. And, it can all happen with minimal effort and budget.
Learning Objectives (for our sheet)
•Identify what your employees need from you
•Align employee appreciation with corporate strategy
•Set 3 goals to connect directly with your team
•Develop strategies to incorporate engagement into every day work
Culture change can be the trickiest part of business transformation. Now there’s a faster way to mobilize an entire enterprise to improve communication, transparency, and trust.
Accelerate culture change today with new online programs from TLDG at West Point. The new programs are powered by CorpU, a structured dialogue and analytics platform that builds capabilities to improve business performance.
Employee Engagement Pulse Surveys are critical to every employee engagement strategy. During this webinar, DecisionWise's President, Greg Zippi, along with David L. Mason, Director of I/O Psychology explore the benefits of using frequent pulse surveys as part of your employee listening strategy.
Topics for discussion
1. Defining the different types of employee surveys
2. Proper use of pulse surveys
3. How to avoid survey fatigue
4. How technology improvements allow you to have a pulse on your overall employee engagement
5. How scientific questions with a statistical process can increase clarity around pulse survey response
6. A short demonstration of the DecisionWise pulse survey tools
As President of DecisionWise, Greg Zippi is responsible for all client-facing aspects of the business including product development, marketing, sales and delivery. In addition, he oversees all strategic business development initiatives.
Dr. David Mason
David is an experienced Consultant and leads the I/O Psychology and Data Science learning and curriculum efforts at DecisionWise, and is responsible for the design of our training, facilitation, and workshops. He leads sessions throughout the world on employee engagement and workplace learning. Having completed a Ph.D. in Psychology at Columbia University, and undergraduate and graduate degrees in Psychology at Brigham Young University, Dr. Mason turns his understanding of adult learning and psychology into business concepts, working with numerous businesses and academic institutions. Prior to joining DecisionWise, David taught in the Department of Cognitive, Perceptual, and Brain Sciences at University College London. In addition to Dr. Mason’s strong presentation and facilitation skills, DecisionWise often taps into his extensive knowledge of statistics and research in developing and evaluating assessments.
The “ban the box” (now, perhaps more accurately “Fair Chance Act”) and “salary history ban” trends continue to catch fire, with California just the latest jurisdiction to adopt new laws. Simply modifying employment applications is no longer enough to comply with the wide array of restrictions now placed on employers. The trends hit staffing agencies and PEOs perhaps the hardest. Agencies and PEOs have a high volume of candidates to screen, increasing the chances of a costly error slipping through the cracks. Moreover, client requirements and business needs often can seem to conflict with a compliant or “50 state universal” solution. Bill Simmons, labor law attorney at Littler, will discuss how these new laws impact staffing firms and offer solutions on what to do right now to stay out in front.
What you will learn:
• The complicated compliance issues in employment screening and how these impact staffing agencies
• The special challenges these laws pose and some possible solutions for your staffing firm
• How a background check partner can help you navigate these issues
Presented by members of the VR/AR Association, a global industry group that has over 3900+ companies and universities registered and working together on best practices, guidelines, and standards. VR & AR is now used to train staff at companies like Walmart. Attend to learn more!
Arm yourself with crucial up-to-date information about background screening. Simply modifying employment applications is no longer enough to comply with the wide array of restrictions now placed on employers. Laura Randazzo, VP, Compliance at CareerBuilder, will discuss how these trends impact HR teams, and offer solutions on what to do right now to stay out in front.
What you will learn:
• Current legal and regulatory activity, such as ban the box, the use of criminal records, class action litigation, salary restriction regulations, and other emerging trends.
• Employer best practices to maintain compliance programs while achieving core-screening objectives.
• Insights into the latest candidate experience research, so you can walk away with a solid understanding of how to align screening practices with the best possible experience for candidates.
• How a background check partner can help you navigate these issues
CareerBuilder collaborated with Inavero to develop The Staffing Advantage Report - proprietary research based on responses from staffing industry clients, job candidates and staffing employees. This research offers insights into key trends and performance benchmarks for the staffing industry with the goal of helping staffing firms be more effective and productive.
Join Eric Gregg and Kyle Braun as they share a deeper dive into the Staffing Advantage Research and offer valuable information to help staffing firms position for a strong growth trajectory in 2018.
The approaching tax year end is the time when most people examine their personal and company finances.
To help professional advisers be ready for client questions at a time when every minute counts and travelling time is unwelcome – we’re hosting a live webinar with a strong technical focus in February.
Join us live to watch and ask questions, or catch up when you can to keep in perfect technical tune.