Silk Invest presents its investment outlook for 2012.
Read more >
Silk Invest is an investment manager, specialized in the markets of Africa, the Middle East and Frontier Asia.
This presentation will cover Silk Invest's views on the following themes:
1. Continued two-speed world
2. Frontier equity Markets are expected to recover lost ground
3. Potential double digit equity returns and similar picture on bond side
4. Painful de-leveraging in developed world has limited impact on frontiers
5. Year of political clean-up
6. A year with low inflation with biggest falls in rates within frontier regions
7. Continued low volatility profiting from low correlation
8. Flows to frontier regions are at historical lows
The central investment theme for this year is that the political upheaval that marked 2011 will eventually fade away while investors return to fundamentals and increase their allocations to frontier markets.