Recent weeks have seen markets gripped by fear and panic, with worries about the Euro, US banks, China & geopolitics all coming to the fore. So, is the bull market for credit and emerging market debt over and how are we dealing with the increase in risk aversion in markets?
Join John Stopford, Investec Fund Manager, as he gives his views on the above and explains how Investec's offering in this space is currently positioned.
We believe that the best way to build a macro view is from the bottom up. The manager of SVM Continental Europe, Hugh Cuthbert, travels extensively in Europe, meeting with management of a wide range of different types of businesses in different countries. During his presentation he will give a number of examples of the opportunities he has unearthed.
With the 21st meeting of the Conference of Parties (COP21) in late November, thoughtful investors may be asking:
"How can I impact global climate change with my investment portfolio?"
"How might government response to climate change affect my portfolio?"
And "How can I take action to manage carbon risk?"
Unsure how to answer? Then join Northern Trust Asset Management and Responsible Investor on our latest webcast, as we look to share our expectations of COP21 and highlight how the themes of the Paris summit translate to your investments.
We will take a look at:
• Decarbonization: Theory to practice
• Investor challenges/risks
• How investors can mitigate these risks
The interactive session will be moderated by Responsible Investor magazine.
In his latest webcast, Portfolio Manager Alastair Mundy will discuss the latest investment opportunities he is identifying through his bottom-up contrarian investment approach. He will also discuss the latest positioning of the Investec Cautious Managed and UK Special Situations Funds
Co-Portfolio Manager, Philip Saunders will discuss the macro outlook, the prospects for asset classes in uncertain markets and the latest performance and positioning of the Investec Multi-Asset Protector Fund.
An update from Alastair Mundy on the Investec Cautious Managed Fund
- Performance update
- The Fund has outperformed the IMA Cautious Managed sector in both bull and bear markets over the last 10 years(1)
- Asset allocation and holdings
- Current portfolio breakdown
- The market is clearly cheap...or is it?
- Sovereign risk remains centre stage
- A rolling Euro crisis or a wake-up call to complacent governments?
- The rocovery is faltering, but steady, subdued global growth seems likely
- Has the equity rally ran out of steam?
- The US response - will November's mid term elections be the catalyst for fiscal restraint
- The selective opportunities offered by emerging market debt