High yield bonds offer higher yields than government or investment grade bonds to compensate investors for the increased risk of default.
With corporate health at peak levels and spreads attractive relative to default expectations, hear Robert Cook, portfolio manager and David Seaman, client portfolio manager for the JPM Global High Yield Bond Fund, as he discusses the portfolio positioning and the many opportunities beyond investment grade.
The rally in global markets has largely outpaced the growth in company earnings. Companies now need to deliver on the high expectations embedded in their share prices - a tough ask with corporate profit margins at or near all-time highs. That could play out well for companies offering the cushion of a healthy and sustainable dividend. From a global universe of thousands, which companies stand out?
Ben Whitmore, manager of the Jupiter UK Special Situations Fund, discusses his investment philosophy and portfolio positionning. Ben aims to buy a diversified list of statistically low-priced stocks and consistently applies his investment process.
Last week, emerging market equities actually outperformed their developed counterparts in a change to a familiar trend. What were the catalysts behind this change -- and is this the start of a sustainable uptrend?
As economic growth accelerates and interest in UK equities mounts, how should investors exploit the recovery?
In a special webcast, two of the sector’s most respected managers will talk about the opportunities they are finding in the UK and answer your questions about their funds. Join Tim Steer (manager of the Artemis UK Growth Fund) and Derek Stuart (Artemis UK Special Situations Fund)
Dial In Number: +44 (0) 20 3003 2666
In his latest webcast, Portfolio Manager Alastair Mundy will discuss the latest investment opportunities he is identifying through his bottom-up contrarian investment approach. He will also discuss the latest positioning of the Investec Cautious Managed and UK Special Situations Funds
Co-Portfolio Manager, Philip Saunders will discuss the macro outlook, the prospects for asset classes in uncertain markets and the latest performance and positioning of the Investec Multi-Asset Protector Fund.
An update from Alastair Mundy on the Investec Cautious Managed Fund
- Performance update
- The Fund has outperformed the IMA Cautious Managed sector in both bull and bear markets over the last 10 years(1)
- Asset allocation and holdings
- Current portfolio breakdown
- The market is clearly cheap...or is it?
- Sovereign risk remains centre stage
- A rolling Euro crisis or a wake-up call to complacent governments?
- The rocovery is faltering, but steady, subdued global growth seems likely
- Has the equity rally ran out of steam?
- The US response - will November's mid term elections be the catalyst for fiscal restraint
- The selective opportunities offered by emerging market debt