Join the Investec Commodities & Resources team as they discuss the major themes that are likely to influence commodity markets over the coming year:
* Will demand from China and other emerging markets be sufficient to support prices
* How is supply reacting to higher prices?
* After the winter months, what can we expect for oil and gas prices?
* Can precious metals continue to strengthen
In addition, the team will also briefly outline two new Funds recently launched in the Luxembourg-based Global Strategy Fund (GSF) range.
RecordedJan 21 201049 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
In his latest webcast, Portfolio Manager Alastair Mundy will discuss the latest investment opportunities he is identifying through his bottom-up contrarian investment approach. He will also discuss the latest positioning of the Investec Cautious Managed and UK Special Situations Funds
Co-Portfolio Manager, Philip Saunders will discuss the macro outlook, the prospects for asset classes in uncertain markets and the latest performance and positioning of the Investec Multi-Asset Protector Fund.
An update from Alastair Mundy on the Investec Cautious Managed Fund
- Performance update
- The Fund has outperformed the IMA Cautious Managed sector in both bull and bear markets over the last 10 years(1)
- Asset allocation and holdings
- Current portfolio breakdown
- The market is clearly cheap...or is it?
- Sovereign risk remains centre stage
- A rolling Euro crisis or a wake-up call to complacent governments?
- The rocovery is faltering, but steady, subdued global growth seems likely
- Has the equity rally ran out of steam?
- The US response - will November's mid term elections be the catalyst for fiscal restraint
- The selective opportunities offered by emerging market debt
Global recovery is at an ever-slowing and fragile pace. So what is the likelihood that growth will reappear in the near future? This 45-minute webcast will feature our global strategists and economists who will discuss how Brexit, China and the Federal Reserve will affect global growth and recovery.
Global yields took a big step down last week as investors adjusted their perspective on global central bank policy. We’ll explore why this is happening and how it might impact the Fed’s monetary policy going forward.
Join us for our quarter-end strategy update webcast. Engage with portfolio managers to learn about what drove second-quarter performance, the portfolio manager's outlook, and current portfolio positioning.