Join the Investec Commodities & Resources team as they discuss the major themes that are likely to influence commodity markets over the coming year:
* Will demand from China and other emerging markets be sufficient to support prices
* How is supply reacting to higher prices?
* After the winter months, what can we expect for oil and gas prices?
* Can precious metals continue to strengthen
In addition, the team will also briefly outline two new Funds recently launched in the Luxembourg-based Global Strategy Fund (GSF) range.
RecordedJan 21 201049 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
In his latest webcast, Portfolio Manager Alastair Mundy will discuss the latest investment opportunities he is identifying through his bottom-up contrarian investment approach. He will also discuss the latest positioning of the Investec Cautious Managed and UK Special Situations Funds
Co-Portfolio Manager, Philip Saunders will discuss the macro outlook, the prospects for asset classes in uncertain markets and the latest performance and positioning of the Investec Multi-Asset Protector Fund.
An update from Alastair Mundy on the Investec Cautious Managed Fund
- Performance update
- The Fund has outperformed the IMA Cautious Managed sector in both bull and bear markets over the last 10 years(1)
- Asset allocation and holdings
- Current portfolio breakdown
- The market is clearly cheap...or is it?
- Sovereign risk remains centre stage
- A rolling Euro crisis or a wake-up call to complacent governments?
- The rocovery is faltering, but steady, subdued global growth seems likely
- Has the equity rally ran out of steam?
- The US response - will November's mid term elections be the catalyst for fiscal restraint
- The selective opportunities offered by emerging market debt
The webinar will be delivered by Toby Vaughan, Lead Fund Manager for the Atlas Portfolios and Head of Fund Management for Santander Asset Management Global Multi-Asset Solutions Team. Toby will review the markets and look at how this has impacted the portfolios and investment decisions moving forwards.
Join Northern Trust investment experts who will discuss their perspectives on the state of the financial markets, potential timing of a Federal Reserve interest rate move and the implications for institutional investors.
In this webinar you'll hear from:
Carl Tannenbaum - Chief Economist
Daniel Phillips, CFA - Senior Investment Strategist
Chris Doell, CFA - Managing Director, Client Solutions Group will host this webinar and lead the Q&A using viewer submitted questions.
Opportunities in emerging markets have changed over time. In this 30-minute webcast our global emerging market equities portfolio managers will discuss key themes relevant to emerging markets investing today.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Are traditional drivers of the Emerging Markets investment case such as population growth, rising consumer incomes and productivity enhancements still as relevant today as they were 20 years ago?
- Where are the opportunities to generate alpha in emerging markets today? What are the examples of market inefficiencies which prove that active fundamental based investing is relevant in the emerging markets?
- What are the implications on Emerging Markets of structurally slower growth in China?
- Does the future of EM still depend upon domestic consumption and services?
With developed markets grappling with heightened economic and political uncertainty, Asia’s strong domestic dynamics offer a haven of growth in these volatile times. Fidelity Asia Fund manager Teera Chanpongsang discusses the key structural drivers which are reshaping the landscape across the region.
With investors in ‘back to school’ mode, Richard Buxton, head of UK equities, will be assessing what lies ahead for the new term in his monthly update on 20 September.
Apart from the obvious jitters over the Italian referendum and US election, top of the agenda will be whether or not UK company directors intend to change their business investment spending plans in light of the Brexit vote.
Join Richard to listen to his current market outlook and to find out how the Old Mutual UK Alpha Fund could benefit your clients' portfolios.
Audience dial in:
Standard International Access:+44 (0) 20 3003 2666
UK Toll Free:0808 109 0700
USA Toll Free: 1 866 966 5335
Audience Password: 48678