Ted Julian, CMO, Co3 Systems & Richard White, Principal, HP Security Intelligence & Operational Consulting, MBA CISSP CHP
In today’s world, your organization needs an incident response plan to cover disasters, cyber-attacks, and other threats. While simply having a plan will help you check the box on the audit, it doesn’t guarantee effectiveness in a real-world situation. An Incident Response Assessment—done through fire drills, desktop exercises, functional scenarios, and full scale exercises—will help your organization truly validate the effectiveness of your plan.
IR assessments are meant to:
• Evaluate plans, policies, and procedures
• Find weaknesses in the plan and gaps in resources
• Improve coordination and communication internally and externally
• Define and validate roles and responsibilities
• Train personnel in their roles and responsibilities