With the emergence of big data healthcare analytics, electronic health information exchange, clinical data warehousing, and other technologies for optimizing patient care, the healthcare industry has never been more reliant on electronic data and the strict requirements associated with the data. The advances in business processes, technology and regulations require that data security initiatives evolve to address new and growing threats. Coincidentally, in a recent survey, 69% of organizations felt that provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) have the effect of increasing or significantly increasing risks to patient privacy and security.
Chasing compliance is an expensive proposition that doesn’t adequately address the current security threats and vulnerabilities. Organizations that simply want to comply with the regulations are already at risk. A more effective program is risk-based -- one where incremental changes to controls can be made in real-time to more effectively combat current threats to your security program. Join us for this webinar where you’ll learn:
- Why compliance is an outcome of an effective data protection program.
- Risk assessment, analysis and management – what’s the difference and why you need them.
- What is considered ‘reasonable’?
- What leading healthcare organizations are doing today to protect data, with a focus on securing Big Data for healthcare analytics?
- How data protection can help without getting in the way of patient care.
- How do you protect from your healthcare organization public loss of confidence?