Vitor Correia Silva, Sonae; Adam Holtby, OVUM; David Hayward, CA Technologies
Businesses today have high expectations that IT Operations will assure reliability of a continuous stream of new services that drive new business models, new internal processes and new customer interaction as sources of revenue. To cope with the demands, IT Operations must optimize process and staff productivity. This challenge requires IT operations teams to transform into functions that work proactively to help the business achieve its strategic objectives.
Get three insightful perspectives about how to quickly transform IT Operations into a more efficient and business-aligned organization:
• Sonae, a major European retailer with global reach, will provide a case study of IT Operations transformation from traditional monitoring to a business-focused “internal” service provider.
• Ovum, a top independent research and analysis firm, will draw from its research to provide insight into how IT Operations can evolve and become a more strategic and integrated business enabler.
• CA Technologies, a world-leading IT management software vendor, will discuss tools for enabling IT Operations transformation.
Learn the elements and results of transformation:
• Comprehensive infrastructure and application monitoring
• Unified event management
• Cross-domain (i.e., cross-silo) service modelling, monitoring and impact analysis
• Improved Operations Levels 1, 2 & 3 processes, incident and problem management