Your users are like fine wine or good cheese: They get better over time. Which is why user retention is essential. With a steady retention rate your revenue just compounds over time. And increasing retention by just 10 percent will boost your business value by more than 30 percent.
That’s where artificial intelligence comes in. AI marketing tools let you anticipate customer needs, create personalized campaigns that make them feel seen and heard, lock on to essential customer purchasing patterns, deliver highly relevant messaging, marketing, and offers when and where they want to see them, and more. And with the volume of customer data you have at your fingertips, you can identify what characteristics make up high-value customers, so you know exactly where to put your focus.
Learn how tapping into your oil well of data and harnessing it via marketing automation platforms powered by AI and machine learning can strengthen your bottom line when you join this VB Live event!
In this webinar you'll learn:
* Key engagement strategies using AI
* How to use AI to strengthen campaigns (including creative, messaging, segmentation and personalization)
* The role of time-based triggering in automation and monetization
* The evolving trends in marketing automation and omnichannel marketing
* Kara Dake, VP Growth & Partnerships, Clevertap
* Aditi Mohanty, Digital Marketing Manager, Vodafone
* Rachael Brownell, Moderator, VentureBeat
* Stewart Rogers, Analyst-at-Large, VentureBeat
AI is rapidly reshaping how retailers reach and engage customers across channels and in real time. And because your success in retail is so deeply interconnected with customer experience, from browsing to decision, purchase to post-purchase pleasure, AI is increasingly going from nice-to-have to necessity for higher sales and bigger bottom lines.
With billions of customer behavior data points, transactional histories in the trillions of dollars, and pinpoint segmenting, AI turns hazy ROI best-guess calculations into data-driven predictions. It helps you uncover new customers, and adds science to the art of targeting your audience.
Learn more about how retail organizations can use AI to find and evaluate customers, seize tailored opportunities along your customer’s journey, offer hyper-personalized recommendations and more, when you join this VB Live event!
Register now for free!
Attend this webinar and learn:
* How AI helps retailers curate content, offers, and experiences to revolutionize customer acquisition and engagement.
* How companies can leverage AI to uncover new markets
* The role of AI in data-powered email marketing (e.g. empowered segmentation), voice and visual search
* The future of AI in retail: What's next?
* Rob Roy, Chief Digital Officer, Sprint
* Eugene Feygin, SEO Manager, SearsPartsDirect.com
* Jaimy Szymanski, Industry Analyst & Founding Partner, Kaleido Insights
* Rachael Brownell, Moderator, VentureBeat
Our new series, Audience Spotlight, provides a cross-device, consumer-centric view on a specific audience, with a deep dive into user demographics and rich behavioral metrics on an audience segment. This month we focus on a high-value audience - Social Media Savvy Millennials, users between the ages of 18-35 who comprise the top 20% of all digital consumers based on the amount of time they spend on social media apps and sites. Attend the webinar and learn which screens, brands, and services attract these social media superusers.
In this 30 minute webinar, we’ll also dig into some of the most actionable data, including:
- How do the gender and household income distribution of Millennials stack up against the U.S. adult online population?
- Which devices and apps are Social Media Savvy Millennials using and when?
- Beyond Facebook, YouTube, and Snapchat, where else do Social Media Savvy Millennials spend their time?
70% of organizations are in the midst of plans to digitally transform the way they conduct business for more process efficiency, reduced cost, optimized customer experience and competitive advantage. Experiences not price or products will be the battleground of the future. But where to begin? Robotic Process Automation promises to automate repetitive, manual tasks normally done by humans. Cognitive Document Automation provides related benefits, but for documents and emails – typically a challenge for RPA. Together, RPA and document automation deliver the one-two punch that organizations need to succeed in their digital transformation initiatives. Join us to understand how RPA and document automation work together to automatically and efficiently acquire, understand and deliver content in critical business processes.
Don’t miss this webinar where we will discuss:
•The state of Leaders and Laggards of Digital Transformation
•Business benefits of RPA and Cognitive Document Automation
•Applying software platforms for common use cases
Organizations that use cloud services to handle the Internet of Things often employ one of the three largest hyperscale providers — Microsoft, Google or AWS. In this webinar, we reveal the results of an extensive study, using machine-learning methods, to identify what factors drive the cloud-related costs of Internet of Things deployments, and in what scenarios each cloud provider has a cost advantage.
1. Why TLS and OAuth2 are not enough to secure your APIs
API Security has a much wider spectrum and even if you are using OAuth today, you may not use it in a way that is adapted to the risk taken when exposing Open banking APIs. What about API attacks protection ? PKCE ? Message confidentiality and integrity ?
2. Why API security must be declared and not coded
Developers should not have to master security standards such as OAuth and OpenID Connect and try to implement them properly into their APIs. Instead, they should rely on proven, reliable policies approved by the bank’s security team and simply apply those policies on top of their APIs.
3. How declarative security helps with consistency and automation
42Crunch's innovative tagging mechanisms can be used by developers to express security constraints on top of their Open API definitions (aka Swagger). Those tags are translated automatically, either via the UI or in the CI/CD pipeline into policies which are applied on APIs requests/responses, making it possible to apply security as early as possible in the API lifecycle and find security vulnerabilities early.
4. How to enforce security in a scalable way using micro-firewalls
We will show how to deploy the 42Crunch API Firewall at run-time whether on premises, in the Cloud or in a hybrid environment and how to monitor the system through real-time security dashboards.
By leveraging the power of the cloud, artificial intelligence and machine learning, mapping devices are getting smarter over time, recognizing patterns and farming insight from contextualized data. And that means smart cities and data-based Location of Things navigation is becoming a reality.
Cities can analyze and improve congested traffic. Freight companies with connected trucks can better manage logistics, optimize fleets, and track customer engagement. And cars will learn to make split-second decisions on our behalf, making the call on turning left or hitting the breaks when it recognizes a pedestrian is in the crosswalk.
To find out more about how cloud-based, AI-powered location technology is creating the highly accurate and always up-to-date maps that can revolutionize everything from autonomous cars to connected cities, don’t miss this VB Live event!
In this webinar you'll learn:
* How to leverage the power of the cloud, AI, and machine learning across devices by contextualizing location data in real time
* Understand the role of location-based data mapping in the "Location of Things"
* The application of data-enriched mapping to industries like retail and automotive
* How "Location of Things" powered by geographical data can be used to connect autonomous driving, smart mobility, and smarter cities
* Chris Pendleton, Principal PM, Azure Maps
* Peter Frans Pauwels, Co-founder, TomTom
* Jennifer Belissent, Principal Analyst, Forrester
* Rachael Brownell, Moderator, VentureBeat
Technical communication professionals revolutionized the publishing world with the introduction of structured writing and intelligent content. By adopting innovative methods, approaches, and content standards, we were able to craft and deliver content to multiple channels quickly, often with reduced effort and cost. And, we’re not done yet.
When technical content is required for global audiences, intelligent content alone is not enough to tackle the obstacles multilingual content introduces. Combining structured intelligent technical content, terminology management, and translation memory together can solve these challenges. We call this the Holy Trifecta of Intelligent Technical Content. When all three of these are leveraged together, we can produce consistent content that is on-brand, on-message, and easy to read in every language.
In this session, attendees will learn:
* A clear description of intelligent content, terminology management, and translation memory
* An understanding of how they are interrelated and why they are important to technical communication projects
* A game plan for coordinating all three in order to create intelligent content that works, all the time, on any device, in any language
The most accessible way to leverage the explosion in artificial intelligence is chatbots. Big brands like Western Union have implemented them to streamline customer service and increase positive engagement. The Booking.com chatbot resolves half of the company's thousands of daily customer support questions in five minutes or less.
Chatbots are changing the way companies and customers interact, as consumers grow more and more comfortable with messaging -- look at the two billion-plus conversations consumers have with companies via Facebook messenger every month.
Find out how to create a powerful, engaging human-to-AI agent experience that customers expect -- as well as implement the seamless handoff to a human customer service agent when the issue turns out to be complex, with this VB Live event. You’ll dive right into the chatbot phenomenon, and leave with actionable ideas on implementing AI-powered customer support.
Attend this webinar to learn:
* The real truth about AI and customer service
* How big brands are using AI and chatbots to resolve customer issues more quickly and effectively
* How bots and humans can work together to optimize customer support
* How to assess whether your organization is bot-ready
* Stanley Yung, Chief Customer Experience Officer, Western Union
* Jaime Gilliam-Swartz, Senior Director, Voice of the Customer and Shared Services, Lyft
* Jessica Groopman, Industry Analyst & Founding Partner, Kaleido Insights
* Rachael Brownell, Moderator, VentureBeat
Our new series, Audience Spotlight, provide a cross-device, consumer-centric view on a specific audience, with a deep dive into user demographics and rich behavioral metrics on an audience segment. This month, we focus on a high value audience - heavy users of games on PCs, tablets, and smartphones, whom we refer to as Heavy Gamers. Learn the ins and outs of this demographic and how Verto data can be used to gain a deeper understanding of your audience.
In this 30 minute webinar, we’ll dig in to some of the most actionable data, including:
Who are heavy gamers, which devices do they use, and what does a day in their digital life look like?
The stickiest and top-ranking games and apps among this audience segment.
What other types of digital content heavy gamers spend their time on.
In this webinar, Metadata.io CEO Gil Allouche will talk about the different ways AI is being used by marketers. From analyzing data to orchestrating new marketing campaigns, AI is powering marketing activities in new and exciting ways and affecting interactions throughout the entire customer lifecycle. As an example of how AI can have a tremendous impact on marketing practices, Gil will focus on its role in lead generation. Webinar attendees will learn:
- What Machine Learning is in relation to AI and how it connects your data to find patterns
- Examples of how machine learning can identify target audiences, including the 20 percent that creates 80 percent of your revenue
- How AI technology can help marketers prioritize their budgets to focus on the most effective programs
- Starting with small, iterative uses of AI in marketing can be the most effective way to understand what will yield the most ROI
Gil Allouche founded Metadata.io to make demand generation easy for non-technical marketers. The Metadata.io platform and AI Operator evolved from Gil's experiences hacking various marketing and CRM systems to get the solutions he needed.
Intelligent content is the foundation of the new age of digital customer experiences in any language. As a consequence, the worlds of marketing communication, technical communication, and localization are converging as companies need to take a more holistic view of how customers interact with their global brands. This presentation will discuss this convergence and how companies can best position themselves and their content to power their digital transformation.
Join The Content Wrangler and our special guest presenter, Alan J. Porter, Head of Strategic Services at [A], for this free one-hour webinar. Porter will demystify how to start the discussion of content convergence in your own organization and he’ll provide samples of metadata you should consider adding when attempting to manage global content. Attendees will also gain insight into a content engineering approach to holistic content use.
The esports market is on fire. Last year 43 million people watched the League of Legends world championships, a multiplayer fighting game. And it's not a niche market of teenage boys in basements. A recent report found that 31 million people watch esports tournaments in the U.S., and more than double that -- 68M -- in China.
And the question is -- how do you monetize that at scale?
Look to the wild success of the Asia-Pacific esports companies. The companies who stage events like China’s 2017 Riot Championships, which posted more than 32 million viewers, have been able to compel customers to actually pay to view content, and even tip players, with the right streaming and payment technologies.
Don’t miss this VB Live event for keen insights from leaders in the space on how U.S. companies can effectively operate globally or begin to expand globally. You’ll learn how to confront the challenges that scaling your audience can pose and improve it, from west to east, as you look to capture more of the global audience opportunity.
Register now for free.
You’ll learn about:
* The opportunities provided by the growth in the esports streaming content market
* What's causing the streaming content surge and market growth
* The technology making this explosive esports growth possible on a global scale
* Confronting the problems around scale in markets like China and elsewhere
* Dean Takahashi, Lead Writer, GamesBeat
* Johannes Waldstein, CEO, FanAI Inc.
* Roc Harry, Relationship Director, Worldpay
* Carter Rogers, Senior Analyst, SuperData Research
Securing and monitoring your network and cloud environments has changed over the past few years and compliance and government regulations will add to it. Network traffic monitoring tools have been presented as a solution to meeting compliance and performance on a network. But monitoring alone is not enough. In terms of security, companies need to holistically secure their network, cloud and data, no matter where their users are accessing from.
This joint webinar between F5 and Gemalto will help attendees prepare for the next-generation of secure network access as more data resides in more places with more people accessing it. It will also walk them through the integration between F5 and Gemalto and what options this partnership offers.
In this webinar, you will earn how to:
•Reduce the risk of breaches by ensuring that only authorized users are accessing network, using the F5 environment as an example
•Protect & encrypt your customer data
•Manage secure cloud access
•Comply with regulations
Roger Vincent, Head of Innovation with Equifax will share his insights on making the most of Open Banking and his lessons learned along the way.
In this webinar Roger will talk about:
* How increased use of open APIs is likely to shape the financial services market, why challenger banks are making headway, the big banks are building partnerships and the impact of APIs among payment service providers.
* Activities banks need prioritise in the wake of Open Banking; starting with compliance & legal issue and why they need to assess time/resources carefully before trying to deploy solutions.
* Which strategies are likely to thrive in the new environment and how regulatory compliance can quickly be turned into competitive advantage to commercialise Open Banking.
* Overcoming security and privacy concerns associated with data sharing and the implementation of GDPR.
* Strategies to encourage customer engagement by using Open Banking applications to enrich user experience to create long term value over short term revenue.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO Council) and RedPoint Global are partnering to host a one-hour webinar on May 1, 2018, at 10am PST/1pm EST to discuss our latest report—titled “The State of Engagement: Bridging the Customer Journey Across Every Mile”—which reveals how brands are using connected, contextual and personalized engagements to reach customers through the last mile of their journey with a brand.
Join Liz Miller, SVP of Marketing here at the CMO Council, and John Nash, Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer for RedPoint Global, as they unveil the findings from a quantitative survey of more than 150 marketers, in addition to insights from interviews with marketing leaders at Coca-Cola, AllRecipes.com, Aston Martin and more.
Miller and Nash will explore the issues and challenges that organizations continue to struggle as they look to deliver consistent, reliable, data-driven and personalized engagements across an ever-expanding list of touchpoints. They will also share the strategies that leading companies are using to turn intentions into measurable action. The webcast will also take a closer look at the brands that are successfully differentiating themselves through better engagements by delivering the experiences that consumers want.
The key to providing a great customer experience is having great content. Content optimization is about making sure your content performs at its best. Content sells, describes, and evangelizes your product or service. In many cases, it is your product or service.
Val will help you identify which content optimization stage you are in and how to take your content to the next level.
In this webinar, you will learn to:
• Improve customer experience
* Increase quality and consistency
* Improve your brand
* Decrease creation and translation costs
* Improve time to market
Get your questions ready and we hope to see you there!
Market research is a critical function to any organization, but often insights get buried or pushed to the side. Join Verto analyst Karmen Dykstra and head of product marketing Mary Sheehan as they present 7 tactical ways to deliver market research insights that will drive results for your organization. This webinar takes a look at the latest market research tools and methodologies regardless of your budget. We’ll explore:
- How to turn data into actionable insights
- Why most personas are inefficient and how to make them better
- Making the most of competitive intel
The ability to remotely connect and collect data, coupled with the immediacy, breadth and depth of the insights generated by all that data, will impact healthcare over the next 12-24 months, greatly influencing payers, providers and patients, alike, as all three seek better experiences, more proactive treatments and lower costs.
Join 451 Research Senior Analyst John Spooner as he discusses his perspectives from HIMSS18 and beyond, including views on the overall status of healthcare digital transformation and its impact on payers, providers and patients as well as semiconductors, devices, infrastructure, applications and platforms that serve them.
One of the biggest obstacles to IoT adoption is security. Our recent survey found 65% of consumers are concerned about hackers controlling IoT devices and 60% worry about their data being stolen. Recent widespread attacks using IoT device vulnerabilities has also highlighted how interconnected the system is and one weak link creates a ripple effect Securing the identities of both humans and machines, access to the devices and protecting the integrity of the data and device opens the door to more opportunities. For example, the ability to manage blockchain identities and data security policies across any IoT deployment.
In our joint webinar with Device Authority, our experts will outline how security by design methodology helps future proof IoT deployments. They will have an open conversation and a question and answer session on topics that customers are dealing with, related news topics, compliance and government regulations, business opportunities and technologies that are changing the game. Join us to hear more about how using the security by design approach can help:
•Identify and manage risks and challenges in the short and long term
•Prepare for legislation and compliance
•Create new opportunities for a secure blockchain-based IoT
•Leverage new technology like machine learning and analytics
The security challenges of companies large and small is changing. This is especially pronounced in the access management space as IT admins and CISOs are faced with more identities and devices across a growing number of cloud applications. In our recent survey, we found 72% of respondents found cloud access management tools as a solution to reducing the threat of large scale data breaches, while 62% highlighted the tools ability to help simplify the login process for their enterprise users.
In an organization, individuals dealing with security have different goals and objectives. Aligning them can be a challenge. We will look at the priorities of the user, IT teams and CISOs – where they are linked and where they diverge. To build effective risk-based access policies, you need to start with a living IAM strategy that takes into account geolocation, threats, unusual behavior and scenario based data. Using policy-based access management, internally and externally for example in the cloud, is helping enables aligning the different security teams in an organization and automate and simplify the log-in process for users as well. During the webinar attendees will walk away with an understanding of:
-Analyzing personas within your organizations security team to improve IAM solution implementations
-Things to consider when building your access management strategy
-Building risk-based access management policies across multiple applications or cloud environments
Curating, creating, and delivering fresh content pushes your marketing game to the next level. Your goal: Get the right content to the right people, when and where they want to see it.
Optimization is the key, and analyzing user data, whether by leveraging AI or including engagement and other metrics in your efforts, helps you uncover not just which content is most competitive but what characteristics are pushing it to the top of the list, and even help you fine-tune your message in real time, keeping it fresh and commanding consumer attention. Once that message is refined and optimized, your data can help you home in on consumer intent, seize site-specific demand opportunities, gauge opportunity sizing — and then make sure your message is discovered with predictive intelligence.
To learn more about how to take the educated guesswork out of content creation, make your pitch more persuasive, and magnify your message, don’t miss this VB Live event.
By attending thIs webinar, you'll learn how optimizing content can:
* Increase relevance for consumers across channels
* Leverage data to increase consumer engagement with content
* Increase the volume and scope of content, netting stronger conversions.
* Seize customer journey opportunities when they appear
* Lisa Gibbs, AP Director of News Partnerships, Associated Press
* Ari S Goldberg, Founder, Barber Surgeon’s Guild
* Peggy Anne Salz, Principal, Mobile Groove Consulting
* Rachael Brownell, Moderator, VentureBeat
Do you have Office 365 in your organization? You may not realize it, but you already have the perfect solution for delivering the right information to the right people, at the right time, in the right format and language–and on the device of their choosing.
Most content services hubs are expensive and complicated. Office 365 is an affordable, cloud-based, scalable platform that allows you to build content for a future of AI, machine-learning, chatbots, and machine-to-machine communication. It enables everyone, whether experienced in content architectures like DITA and XML or not, to use Microsoft Word and other familiar tools to create and share content in real time. Gartner recognized Microsoft as a leader in the Content Management Platform Magic Quadrant in 2017. Find out why!
Join our special guest host, Paul Perrotta, and our special guest, Steffen Frederiksen, for this free, one-hour webinar, and learn exactly why and how Office 365 is a great platform for authoring, managing, and delivering the content of the future. Attendees will also learn the benefits that come with using it, as well as be taken through a specific use case in financial services.
ABOUT STEFFEN FREDERIKSEN
Since 1989, Steffen Frederiksen has been working with the creation, management, and distribution of structured, reusable business content. This work includes methods, software tools, training workshops and CMS solutions. He has managed the training of more than 200,000 writers around the globe, primarily in the financial services, pharma, and other regulated industries.
While working for Information Mapping, Steffen developed the concept of “object-oriented information” as well as the MOM (Mapping Object Model) XML DTDs – some of the foundation of the DITA standard. With the objective of bringing the power of structured content to everyone, he founded DitaExchange in 2001 and developed its Dx4 software, which combines the DITA standard, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office.
The hype surrounding AI has reached a fever pitch, but practical uses that are delivering concrete, practical business results are here, and it’s time to get real.
From taking over the routine requests for customer service agents, reducing costs, speeding up service, and boosting customer satisfaction, to reliably helping marketers deliver what a customer wants, when they want it and where, AI is popping up everywhere, and companies need to figure out where they stand, fast, to stay competitive.
Join this VB Live event, hosted by Forrester Senior Analyst Brandon Purcell and Kayak Chief Scientist Matthias Keller to learn more about how to identify the AI use cases that can transform your business, and how to get started, stat.
* What technologies fall under the AI umbrella
* How companies like Kayak use AI to understand customers and personalize experiences
* How to identify the right AI use case for your business
* Common challenges firms face when implementing AI
* Why AI’s time in the sun has finally come, and why it’s here to stay
* Brandon Purcell, Principal Analyst, Forrester
* Matthias Keller, Chief Scientist, Kayak
* Martine van der Lee, Director of Social Media, KLM
* Pradeep Elankumaran, CEO and Co-Founder of Farmstead
* Rachael Brownell, Moderator, VentureBeat
With the continued development of natural language processing (NLP), there are more software applications, doing more types of editing, than ever before. We will cover how an NLP works, editing tasks best done by a machine, and instances where only a trained human editor will really get the job done.
In this talk, learn more about:
* What is a natural language processor and how does it work?
* What types of editing are done best by an NLP?
* What types of editing are best saved for people?
* How to use both machine editing and human editing to your best advantage
Abstract: Our new series, Audience Spotlight, provides a cross-device, consumer-centric view on a specific audience, with a deep dive into user demographics and rich behavioral metrics on an audience segment. This month, we focus on a high-value audience - Shopaholics, users who comprise the top 20% of all U.S adults who access an online shopping property. Which screens, brands, and services attract these online shopping superusers?
In this 30 minute webinar, we’ll also dig into key insights on Shopaholics including:
- How do gender and household income distribution of Shopaholics stack up against the U.S. adult online population?
- Which devices and apps are Shopaholics using and when?
- Beyond Amazon, eBay, and Walmart, where else do Shopaholics spend their time?
Are you AI-ready? You need to be. Artificial intelligence marketing applications are delivering on their promise to source new insights to grow your business fast, AI technology is becoming available to any company looking for a competitive edge, and now’s the time to move, if you want to stay ahead of the curve.
But the challenge is not just in defining an AI strategy; it requires developing the infrastructure to support it.
Should you be developing in-house, or look to available technology and collaborate with outside experts? Keep deployment on-premise, or reach for the cloud? Can your current infrastructure, from server performance to processing power, stand up to the demands of increasingly complex AI applications?
Get ready to level up your marketing strategy with AI, advance your technological capabilities in smart, strategic ways, learn how to make sure your next infrastructure move helps you exploit the AI advantage and more when you join this VB Live event!
Register for free!
Attend this webinar and learn:
* How to tell if your marketing and IT departments are AI-ready
* The fundamentals of an AI-driven infrastructure
* The role of clean, definable data goals in successful AI implementation
* How to scale the AI workload
Single Page Applications (SPAs) have become part of everyday experience management conversation, yet managing them across marketing and IT teams have created barriers to agile delivery model.
Join us as we demystify why IT teams are using SPAs, trade-offs and impact on marketers' ability to contribute, key requirements to deliver experiences with agility for both marketing and IT orgs, and 5 best practices to help scale personalized experiences with SPAs or otherwise.
Delivering powerful experiences start with knowing, understanding, and reaching the right audiences. With customer data stored and owned by disparate teams across organizations, enterprises are breaking down technology and organizational silos by investing in data management platforms (DMPs) to centralize audience management and audience activation.
This session outlines the evolution and value of DMP technology, such as Adobe Audience Manager, to enable digital marketers to manage audience strategy at scale.
Join us as to learn the following:
- How DMP technology and practices have evolved
- Key innovations in the DMP space
- Tips for data privacy
It's time for your analytics to grow up. Your company can realize substantial material gains in customer lifetime value through the use and application of advanced analytics. According to Forrester, by 2021 companies that invest in advanced analytics to drive insights at scale will boost total global annual revenues to $1.8 trillion.
In this session, you will learn:
- How a “good enough” approach to analytics impedes your customers’ experience and your company’s profitability.
- Best practices, frameworks, and practical strategies for taking your analytics to the next level throughout the customer journey.
- Examples of how brands have gone from good to great by improving their analytics practice.
- Nate Smith, Group Product Marketing Manager, Adobe
- John Lovett, Senior Director, Data Strategy, Search Discovery
Many organizations struggle with providing consistent experiences across the customer journey. Challenges can include organizational alignment, siloed technology and data, and the ability to personalize messages at scale across numerous touchpoints.
These challenges only grow exponentially when marketing organizations are globally distributed or need to consider a global audience. In five steps, the Adobe Campaign team presents best practices to address global marketing challenges and execute a global marketing strategy focused on customer experience and digital transformation.
In this session you will learn:
- The role of technology in the context of global data and content
- Examples of best practices for global marketing strategies
- How Adobe Campaign and Adobe Experience Cloud enable consistent customer experiences across channels and regions
- Val Niehaus, Senior Manager, Adobe Consulting Services
- Timo Kohlberg, Product Marketing Manager, Adobe
Mobile marketing technology gives organizations the power to reach and inform people in exactly the places and moments where they can make decisions and take action. Learn about why this approach is better when integrated into a broader cross-channel strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- How Adobe Campaign’s mobile capabilities can help marketers create these types of mobile moments.
- Techniques Adobe Experience Cloud customers are applying in a variety of industries.
- How Adobe Campaign is investing in expanded mobile and cross-channel marketing capabilities.
- Bruce Swann, Group Product Marketing Manager, Adobe
- Jeremy Finch, Product Marketing Manager, Adobe