John Hallacy, Assured Guaranty; James M. Snyder, Ice Miller; Ronald Bernardi, Bernardi Securities; Robert P. Vail, Bernardi
Continuing our 2013 BDA Conference public finance panel discussion last month, this roundtable webinar dives deeper into municipal disclosure issues, as well the reemergence of bond insurance as a viable option for some issuers.
Please join our panel of municipal bond specialists to discuss these two timely topics:
• Disclosure details and suggested strategies. SEC Rule 15c2-12 requires ongoing disclosures by municipal securities issuers. We will provide a brief overview of required disclosures, material event qualifications and what issuers can do to prevent oversights. We'll also touch on recent regulatory penalties and opine on the possible future consequences of failed disclosure.
• Municipal bond insurance reemergence. As an important credit enhancement, municipal bond insurance almost completely disappeared during the financial crisis of 2008-2009. Are we seeing an insurance reemergence for small to medium issuers? If so, how might bond insurance lower borrowing costs for local governments, benefit investors and help stabilize the market?
• John Hallacy, Managing Director, Assured Guaranty
• James M. Snyder, Partner, Ice Miller LLP
• Ronald Bernardi, Principal, President and CEO, Bernardi Securities
• Robert P. Vail, Vice President, Bernardi Securities (moderator)
Submit questions in advance via the Bernardi Securities website for inclusion in the discussion. Panelists will address questions in the order they are received, as time allows.