The Alternatives Series by Direxion - Exploring The Role of Alternative Strategies In Modern Portfolio Allocation
Direxion Funds invites you to participate in our next Knowledge Building Series event on November 15, 2011. Hosted by Ed Egilinsky, Direxion’s Head of Alternatives, this webinar will explore how currencies can offer further portfolio diversification, and risk mitigation. Join us as we provide answers to the following questions:
Why are currencies recognized as a unique alternative asset class?
- How does employing the right strategy provide investors with the potential to benefit when the U. S. Dollar is rising and/or falling?
- How can retail investors participate in these markets?
- How do currencies fit into overall portfolio allocations? and;
- Which clients are appropriate for these types of investments?
Direxion offers investment professionals and investors the means to seek improved risk-adjusted returns in various market conditions, through a diverse suite of tactical investment products.Direxion offers investment professionals and investors the means to seek improved risk-adjusted returns in various market conditions, through a diverse suite of tactical investment products.
Join Northern Trust investment experts who will discuss their perspectives on the state of the financial markets, potential timing of a Federal Reserve interest rate move and the implications for institutional investors.
In this webinar you'll hear from:
Carl Tannenbaum - Chief Economist
Daniel Phillips, CFA - Senior Investment Strategist
Chris Doell, CFA - Managing Director, Client Solutions Group will host this webinar and lead the Q&A using viewer submitted questions.
10-Year U.S. Treasury yields are currently near the 1.50% level and the majority of investors believe these rates are highly unlikely to move much lower, especially to a record low of 1%. But that's where we think they are headed. Learn more about where we go from here.
Corporate behaviour is changing, and with it public companies are increasingly providing green goods, products and services as part of their business mix.
Join FTSE Russell and the London School of Economics as we explore:
• Global economic cycles, climate legislation and what to prepare for
• The risks portfolios are facing in a developing green economy
• How to measure and track portfolio exposure to the green economy
• The FTSE Green Revenues Index Series
08:00 - 09:00 San Francisco PDT
11:00 - 12:00 New York EDT
16:00 - 17:00 London BST
• Professor Sam Fankhauser PhD, Co-Director, Grantham Research Institute, London School of Economics
• Gordon Morrison FIA, Managing Director, ESG, FTSE Russell
• Kevin Bourne, Managing Director, FTSE Russell (host)
The United States is ahead in the medal count, and it feels to investors like a variation on a longer theme: The U.S. stock market has been leading developed and emerging market indices, causing some to say "Go USA" to their portfolios. Learn why we think this is a mistake.
The Factor Research Quarterly webinar series is designed to share our most recent insights into the current state of equity factors. Whether it’s referred to as smart beta, factor premiums, systematic alpha, or Northern Trust’s own Engineered Equity; factor-based investing is the new paradigm in equity investing and an essential topic for sophisticated investors.
In this webinar you'll hear from:
Mark C. Sodergren, CFA, Senior Portfolio Manager, Quantitative Equity;
Michael Hunstad, Ph.D., Director, Quantitative Research