Get powerful venture capital insights from influential investment experts. Connect with thought leaders and colleagues to get the most up-to-date knowledge and understand market trends and investment opportunities.
Transparency remains a sticking point for online lenders.
A Comparison of Funding & Liquidity Sources.
Wealthfront to lend money.
Getting the Most From Investor Calls.
The Future of Financing and Vehicle Purchases.
Why the Buzz Around Fintech Does Not Stop.
Common Direct Mail Marketing Mistakes.
With over 1 billion monthly active users, Facebook Messenger is beginning to change the world for companies looking for ways to connect with, engage, and retain an unprecedented number of customers. And we’re guessing that’s probably you.
It’s all because of Messenger’s developer tools, which have leapt on the promise of bots for customer service and native payments without ever leaving the platform--and have thoroughly delivered on it. Users stay cozily inside the Messenger platform to play games, search, shop, pay, and more, meaning they’re fully engaged with your brand in multiple ways in a single brand context.
Facebook’s long-term plan: make Messenger the center of users’ lives. Your short-term plan: start positioning yourself to take advantage of this revolution in messenger tech innovation. Register for this free VB Live event now and learn how you can monetize Messenger.
In this webinar, you’ll:
* Understand the broader digital wallet strategy to connect with customers through chatbots
* Get valuable tips to spin chatbots into gold
* Learn the biggest mistake organizations are making with payments through Messenger
* Laura Knapp, Managing Director, SRAX Social, Social Reality
* Stewart Rogers, Director of Marketing Technology, VentureBeat
* Wendy Schuchart, Moderator, VentureBeat
With all the competitive noise in the market today, competing for customers' attention can be difficult. Many traditional forms of marketing don't work as well as they used to, which means that small business owners must find alternatives that cut through the noise and bring customers to them.
With local search, your customers can find you anywhere. Jeff will provide you with simple steps that you can take to be found on leading search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Stop implementing; start planning. Forrester Research shows that while messaging platform chatbots can be effective, the customer experience is too often unacceptably poor. And while it’s not a big deal when you’re ordering a pizza, the stakes are far too high for financial institutions to go all in on this generation’s chatbot technology without the right planning.
Simply put, being too early can be the same as being wrong. Bots are only as good as the systems behind them — outdated architecture and poor integration can sabotage your services and drive away customers.
But given bot technologies are shaping up to be an essential part of the FI and fintech mix, your next two to three years should be devoted to investing in foundational digital initiatives that will position you to leverage the future that’s coming fast.
Join this free VB Live event to learn how to reap the rewards of future fintech AI innovation — and get it right the first time.
By attending this webinar, you'll
* Re-engineer back-end systems to enable real-time action
* Make progress on platform improvements—or replacements
* Embrace APIs for faster, more dynamic future changes
It is no secret that most startups fail — how can you prime your start-up for success from the get-go? It's about creating an entrepreneurial culture and results-oriented working environment that attracts the best talent in the business. It's also about taking a disruptive idea and turning it into a viable business, employing entrepreneurial thought along the way. In this webinar, Alexandra shares tips on how to start, grow and scale a successful business.
It's a crowded marketplace for the many small business owners who realize that their brand is their business. How do you define your worth? How much does it reflect your work and products as well as your experience, relationships, network and exposure? This webinar explores each of these factors as well as addresses the role of confidence and fear in asking for what you're worth.
Bots are more than just trendy. They’re increasingly becoming a smart business decision and one that more than just the big players are sitting up and noticing. From Foursquare’s Marsbot (eatery recommendations) to Uber (rides) to the many bots that plug in to Slack, it’s clear there is both a B2B and B2C purpose for bots.
For Activision, using bots via Facebook to announce this year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare release to consumers netted them over 6 million messages between users. The beauty of bots, as Activision and others have discovered, is that they allow businesses greater access to increasingly mobile messaging consumers. Facebook is investing fully in the chatbot experience with brands including Staples, Bank of America, and Taco Bell.
For both consumer brands and B2B companies, the time is now to consider the implications of bots for the bottom line.
Join this panel of executive leaders as they discuss the use cases for bots for consumers and between businesses, including:
• Elements of a successful bot strategy
• Where consumers prefer to interact with bots
* In-depth discussion of the B2B use cases for bots
* Amir Shevat, Head of Developer Relations, Slack
* Robert Hoffer, "The Bot Father"
• Jon Cifuentes, Analyst, VentureBeat
• Wendy Schuchart, Moderator, VentureBeat
The Best Offense is a Great Defense:
This presentation will not only inspire you to safely and securely protect confidential information in this social and mobile age, it will also help you understand how to build strategies that will save your organization from these preventable risks.
Rhonda Kallman, Co-Founder of The Boston Beer Co. & Founder/CEO of Boston Harbor Distillery, explains how she built her empire with no previously set ladder to climb, and how she managed success and failures as a married woman, mother of three children, breast cancer survivor and "serial entrepreneur," in the context of endurance, perseverance, hope and being a natural born fighter.
The blurring of boundaries between industries has accelerated possibilities from converging trends, applications, technologies and markets. Organizations need to seize opportunities emerging from the forces of industry convergence. As industry convergence accelerates the disrupt-collapse-transform cycle, what are the top growth opportunities that businesses must focus on to gain long-term competitive advantage? How can you accelerate the "idea to execution" cycle to drive transformative growth from the forces of industry convergence?
It’s easy to get sucked in by alarmist headlines about shrinking investor confidence. But hear this: last year, more than 400 VC’s poured over $11 billion into 323 marketing tech startups. For martech, it was a record year. There’s no question that software startup funding is booming, and 2016 is off to a similarly torrid start.
The unprecedented growth has been experienced across all factors: deal sizes, frequency, and valuations. Yes, VC's cooled on growth capital investments, particularly in tech at the end of last year. There were a number of reasons: fluctuating financial markets, markdowns from institutional investors, global conflict, and others.
But what's clear is that investors are making a strong pivot to value revenue over growth in the later stages. That's an important distinction, and will shape the industry moving forward.
So what does all that mean for you? Based on the most current Q1 research, we’ll break down what kinds of companies investors are responding to, which VCs are leading the pack, and what’s important to them when considering where to park their investment dollars, i.e. what you need to do to get their attention.
In this webinar, you’ll:
* Learn which types of companies are gaining funding, and where in the marketing tech universe they fit.
* Discover where we're seeing the biggest areas of consolidation.
* Find out who the most involved / most active VCs are.
* Understand implications for investors, vendors, and most importantly marketing technology buyers and users.
* Learn how to get noticed by top VCs, straight from investors.
* Jon Cifuentes, analyst, VentureBeat
* Ravi Belani, Managing Partner, Alchemist Accelerator
* Adam J Plotkin, Partner, ff Venture Capital
* Wendy Schuchart, moderator, VentureBeat
So you have a great, innovative idea that is without peer in the marketplace—how does that become a great business worth over $7 billion, such as HGTV?
Packard shares with the audience her experiences and the lessons learned in growing a multi-billion dollar business, plus shares the leadership skills necessary to incubate — and execute — game changing ideas.
What is in store for the global economy following the financial crisis and the great recession? It is important to understand whether the global economy is transitioning to an era of stable growth or whether downward pressures are strong enough to usher in the next global recession.
Why You Should Attend:
• Identify the top trends of 2016 that will influence global growth
• Keep up with risks and drivers that are likely to affect your investment decisions and expansion strategies
• Identify markets that are growing investment hotbeds
• Participate in an interactive Q&A session with Frost & Sullivan’s economist and country experts
Asia-Pacific is a frontier of growth, development, and activity having quickly embraced disruptive trends in its journey to grow. We are pleased to invite you to join a livecast webinar that will look into how utility providers, infrastructure companies, system integrators and telecom operators are actively pursuing the smart city market, adding more layers of intelligence as either integrators offering pre-packaged bundled solutions or as product vendors offering intelligent hardware and infrastructure. New funding mechanisms and public-private dynamics will be also be touched upon. This webinar will also discuss recommendations for future growth of businesses and cities active in this space.
In this webinar, you will discover:
- Eight Critical parameters that define a smart city along with upcoming smart cities in Asia
- Smart city business models and funding mechanisms
- Key market participants and next game changers
- Implications of smart city solutions on key industries
- Recommendations for businesses and cities
Not every path to success is paved with gold at every step — part of winning often means being nimble enough to turn pitfalls into pivots. In this presentation, Troy examines the snafus and setbacks in his own career that wound up sending him in new directions, ultimately making him the entrepreneur’s entrepreneur. Going from high school drop-out in West Philly to shark on ABC’s Shark Tank, Troy shares pages from his playbook on hustle that will inspire, educate and give purpose to your mission. During the session, he will share lessons from working with entrepreneurs in his ever-growing portfolio (currently 90+ companies), which ranges from Uber to Spotify, and how those once small businesses became household names by using their small size as an advantage.
South Asia is among the fastest growing regions globally with the Indian economy expected to sustain over 7 percent growth in the next five years. The new government, which has been in power since 2014, is spearheading a series of reforms beneficial to investment and economic growth. For example, the Make in India campaign has significantly helped drive foreign investments into the Indian industry and aims to establish India as a global manufacturing powerhouse.
The government is also striving to spur infrastructure development, digitalization, and the development of smart cities. The webinar will explore the implications of changing policy on the economy and shed light on growth opportunities across key industries.
Attend this webinar to:
• Identify growth and investment opportunities based on the political, economic, and business environment of India- the fastest growing major economy globally
• Stay abreast of Mega Trends in India to improve decision making capabilities
• Identify trends and growth opportunities across major Indian industries
Connected healthcare continues to expand as innovations in technology and services flourish. Consequently, the adoption of digital health solutions has increased significantly throughout the industry.
While the U.S. healthcare system evolves and embraces lower costs and improving quality of care and access, opportunities are emerging in connected healthcare. The industry is driven by health IT development, growth of connected and savvy users, as well as cloud based- software as a service (SaaS) delivery models.
Join Frost & Sullivan’s Connected Health team, as they host a panel discussion on the 2016 connected healthcare predictions and current insights on key areas within the market. The panel will be followed by a live Q&A session. This is the first of the Connected Health team’s new quarterly webinar series.
Attend this webinar to discover:
• Key market predictions including merger and acquisitions (M&A), partnerships, as well as areas of growth and controversy in 2016
• New data regarding consumers; how they view their health and interests in digital health tools
• Latest perspectives on telehealth and remote patient monitoring
• The progression of the ambulatory electronic health records space and what this means for providers
We've tracked over $3.8 Billion in fundings, $3.8 Billion in acquisitions and IPOs for marketing tech in Q4 of 2015. The results are staggering.
We know that you're hearing all the reports of doom and gloom in the VC landscape, but here's the thing: The volume of deals, in both amounts and frequency shows VC confidence in marketing tech, but what you need to understand is where they're gravitating towards and why that matters.
This webinar will answer:
•Which types of companies are gaining funding, and where in the marketing tech universe they fit.
•Where we're seeing the biggest areas of consolidation.
•Who the most involved / most active VCs are.
•Implications for investors, vendors, and most importantly marketing technology buyers and users.
*What you need to do to get noticed by the top VC, straight from the VC themselves.
Here's our panel line up
* Jon Cifuentes, VB Insight analyst, VentureBeat
* Lisa Calhoun, Partner, Valor Ventures
* Sloan Gaon, CEO, PulsePoint
* Ravi Belani, Managing Partner, Alchemist Accelerator, Stanford University
* Wendy Schuchart, Moderator, VentureBeat
Register today and participate in a free interactive hour where we pick the brains of today's best minds in venture capital.
It is projected that urban India will contribute about 75% of the national GDP in the next 15 years. With the rapid rate of urbanization and depleting resources, it is essential for India to rethink its strategy to see how it can best optimize the capabilities of its physical infrastructure.
By leveraging global best practices in smart city development and ICT (Information and Communication Technology), India is in a unique position to leapfrog a few stages of growth to become a global superpower.
In 2015, the Indian government announced an ambitious plan to develop 100 smart cities, with a commitment of spending $7.27 billion over the next five years. The infrastructure overhaul would include creating intelligent transport systems, smart grids, smart waste management, and smart water grids/solutions.
In this presentation, we will look at the roadmap for Indian smart cities, along with the anticipated challenge of meeting capex requirements and the dire need for devising innovative business models to make “Smart Cities in India” a success story.
Tune in for insights on the following:
• Learn about the Indian government's $7.3 billion smart city mission aimed at applying smart solutions to improve infrastructure and service delivery in Indian cities.
• Discover the key challenges with respect to regulation, funding and private/public partnerships.
• Understand how the Internet of Things (IoT) is disrupting industries and causing convergence to create smart energy, smart transportation, smart infrastructure and smart buildings, smart security, smart or connected homes, and smart healthcare solutions.
• Gain an insight into commonly observed business models and their applicability to India.
• Analyze India’s area-based development strategy and the socio-economic divide.
• Explore the various financial flexibility opportunities that are available for India.
• Deduce the potential impact of the 100 smart cities on the future of the Indian economy.
Across Europe, there is a high level of focus on adoption of digital health as a means to drive healthcare efficiency. In Sweden, there are several projects that have been initiated to address this challenge and there is an ongoing discussion about the role of Continua. One of the challenges in achieving the full potential of digital health is turning the data collected from a variety of sources into accessible timely information that individuals (patients, careers, clinicians and managers) can act on. Interoperability standards have an important part to play in generating this value from the investment made in data collection and storage. By using an international standard, your project won't get locked into one vendor and it will be easy to share information between systems.
Frost & Sullivan’s experts are predicting another year of big disruptions, transformations and innovations as the healthcare industry continues to overhaul outmoded business models. This annual forecast aims to help stakeholders understand key issues affecting the healthcare industry. In 2016, advances in areas ranging from wearables to blood testing as well as artificial intelligence, expect to help shape the industry.
The webinar will identify market risks and opportunities for stakeholders developing solutions connected to the pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical technologies, diagnostics and healthcare IT sectors that can impact industry participants.
Attend this webinar to:
- Gain insightful predictions and probative analysis of the global healthcare industry in 2016
- Discover key strategies and initiatives executed by companies to capture opportunities for solutions in health, wellness and prevention
- Track the progress of key macro level industry trends and their projected milestones for 2016
- Participate in an interactive Q&A session with Frost & Sullivan’s senior industry thought leaders
In today’s digital and mobile-first world, being able to seamlessly originate a loan is key for any organization looking to cut costs and increase top line revenue while meeting ever-stricter regulations. Additionally, the shift to digital lending has fraud rates skyrocketing.
On the panel we will discuss:
* Value prop of moving to digital channel – how to reduce costs and improve number of completed loans.
* How do these latest automations fit with the latest financial institution’s compliance needs?
* The latest advances in process automation for digital lenders.
· For example, mobile capture for:
o Data pre-fill
o Identity verification
o Submission of trailing documents
* What is possible today, what is coming soon, and what is unlikely to be possible.
Panel of 3 industry experts including Steve Craig, Director of Products & Experience - Identity @ Mitek
George Popescu, Editor in Chief, Lending Times
In 2016, when major platforms like Facebook gave developers the keys to the artificial intelligence kingdom, and advances in AI technology and natural language processing started breaking the user interface mold, analysts predicted that chatbots were going to change the game.
Bots flooded the market—and then they vanished. They weren't backed with solid business models, addressing real pain points or solving problems, because marketers weren't asking the right questions, customers weren't engaging, and chatbots were too often gimmicks instead of disruptors.
How do you become the next unicorn in the bots and artificial intelligence space? How do you catch the eye and win the heart of that top VC firm? Join our latest interactive VB Live event to find out!
In this live virtual executive roundtable, you'll:
* Learn what entrepreneurs need to do to get noticed by top VC firms
* Look at the most active venture capitalists in tech today
* Discover the biggest mistakes made by foundering startups
* Identify the weaknesses that are keeping you from becoming the next unicorn
* Stewart Rogers, Director of Marketing Technology, VentureBeat
More speakers to be announced soon