Robin Aldis, Product Manager – Storage, Fujitsu
There needs to be a shift in the way organisations approach storage.
All too often, the decision to acquire storage infrastructure comes after the choice of servers and applications is made. This project-based approach can mean that organisations are forced into implementing multiple storage platforms to match different server and application requirements. The consequences can be severe:
1. Your capital outlay is multiplied
2. You are forced to purchase more licences
3. Your operating costs are higher and risks are much greater
4. You discover hidden charges
5. Your only option is to rip-and-replace
We cannot continue approaching storage as an after-thought or simply based on a preferred vendor or technology. Put simply, we have to start putting storage first, building a flexible, scalable foundation for your servers and applications that does not need to be torn down when your requirements change.